cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk storage Partial pallet picking SAP WMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Picking in double deep bulk storage where we allowed partial pallet storage .

When you have 1 partial pallet and 1 full pallet in the bin and TO created for 1 full pallet for pick.

Picker would like to pick the partial pallet sometimes as it is at front rather than picking a pallet behind .

Now in RF system allowed to do short pick ( with no reason code ) and after confirming the partial pallet and destination bin, RF screen takes back to same source bin to pick the remaining quantity . This time he cant do partial picking from a pallet as its high rack and so dead lock as system threw error . We have to cancel this TO and create new one for remaining quantity .  

To resolve this case we are trying to see if SAP can create a TO with SU number assigned to it. This Pallet must be the pallet at front and not behind .

Appreciate your response.

Regards,
Sri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since it is a bulk location you are allowed to pick any SU.

Now with respect to your query Whatever method you follow you will have the same situation in this case as it is more towards operational issue

As a warehouse best practice when we have double deep infrastructure then it is always advisable to have a clear segregation for less then a pallet load and full pallet load. In one of my implementation we had ASRS system to perform the picking and putaway and we designed a custom code in MWMTO004 that first system will check the pallet with partial quantity first in front position and if there is no any pallet available then look at the back side. in your case I belive you need to bring the pallet to other Non SU managed area perform the  partial picking and return back to bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thanks for your suggestion .

Due to WH limited space and considering  bin utilisation operations like to store partial in bulk.

I shall try some user exit during TO creation to allocate first position pallet .

Any suggestion from you how we identify first position pallet from SAP . Technically I think confirmation date is the only parameter which I can use to find out the latest pallet in the bin .

Thanks,
Sri

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In our case it was pallet strategy with Bin section active hence it was easy to find as at the time of storage system add /1 or /2 along with Bin based on setting.

Since in your case it is Bulk it is again going to be difficult as the same bulk storage bin can contain more then one SU but internally at table level we don't store and indicator so I am with you on that front that we left with only one option confirmation date

But before finalizing this please perform a test for Bin to bin (make sure the quant which you are transferring is having old confirmation date) into Bulk from one bin to another and check the impact on confirmation date at quant level

Answers (0)