cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Storage Bin with Pick Quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

I have one material got a goods receipt so I reversed it.  I want to delete it but it says the storage bin is not empty.  Could you please advise me how to do it ?

Kind regards,

Danny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Danny,

Please check for the Open Transfer Orders for the given Material using LT24 transaction.

You must have created a TO but not confirmed the same. Please Confirm the Open Transfer order created for the same.

You Need not Delete the Storage bin, Once the stock is moved from the Bin, it would be automatically deleted.

Thanks,

Sai Arala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Thanks for quick response.  In LT24, I found one unconfirmed TO.

What should I do next ? Confirm the TO ?

Regards,

Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Danny,

Go to Transaction LT12 and Enter the Transfer Order number and Confirm the TO. This shoud adjust your stocks automatically

Thanks,

Sai Arala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

The item GBBM in the PO was not delivered so I want to close PO off.  Should I confirm or delete its TO ?  Which is better way ?

Thanks,

Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Danny,

I would say Confirm the TO. It is not a good practice to Delete the TO.

If the TO# 546279 is created with reference to 101 Mvt then you would have to Create another TO for 102 Mvt.

If the TO# 546279 is created with reference to 102 Mvt, then by Confirming this your issue would be fixed.

Let me know the result after the TO is confirmed,

Thanks,

Sai Arala.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What will deleting the TO do to your situation?

It only removes the 60 in pick quantity column, but the minus 60 in 902 will still be there.

You would after deletion need to create a manual TO with LT01 to move 60 from your bins back to 902 to equalize it. So why not using the existing TO for that?

And honestly, why was the initial TO confirmed and put away if the quantity was never delivered.

In all those theoretical issues people forget what is really to be done physically in the warehouse and that TOs are nothing else than written instructions to the workers, and a confirmation is the reply from the workers that they did their job.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thank you for the hint.

Well, the initial TO was wrongly created.  Someone mistakenly performed MIGO for the undelivered 60 stocks of GBBM material.  To close the PO, I cancelled mvt 101 but still cannot get rid of the Pick Quantity.

Regards,

Danny

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Someone also mistakenly created the putaway to bin 16-03-01 with the TR that was originally created with the mistaken goods receipt, otherwise the cancellation of the GR would have taken care about the equalization itself.

You can try to cancel the open TO with LT15, maybe it is already sufficient

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Yes, TO 546279 is for mvt 101.

When I create a TO mvt 102, I got error message "Movement type 102 for manual transfer orders does not exist".

Regards,

Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Well, after I cancel the TO, the bin disappears .  Thank you very much !!!

Regards,

Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Danny,

Good to see that your issue is resolved.

Thanks,

Sai Arala

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to the point highlighted by Jurgen, i see the same quantity is there in storage bin 16-03-01 could you please let us know what are the process steps you used to receive good in the warehouse is it first into WM or first into IM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

1. The warehouse staff does MIGO to post good receipts.

2. Then they create a TO.

3. Finally they post the invoice receipt.

Regards,

Danny

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you had moved your stock in WM after the receipt, thats why your 102 IM movement caused a negative stock there, hence you have to move the stock  back to the 902 storage type to make it zero. You should have a TR to do since it shows 60 in hte pick quantity