cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schema Authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a schema A that has tables and views.

User/Schema B can view the data and the definition of the tables.

Schema B can do a data preview of the view. However Schema B is getting an error when trying to view the definition of the views created in Schema A.

Schema B has the Schema A catalog object privilege.

So what could be missing here that Schema B cannot view the definition of the Schema A views?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183326
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

To find what privilege you are missing to view the definitions please follow this:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechTSG/Troubleshooting+SAP+HANA+Privileges+and+Authorisations

This will help to find what exact privilege you need to grant.

BR

Michael

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When User B tries to open the definition for the Table View created in Schema A we are getting the error. The current user has no priviledge on and no Catalog READ or DATA ADMIN. What is missing for user b?

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Add System Privilege CATALOG READ directly or add a role which contains CATALOG READ.

That should resolve the problem.   For your reference, I have the below System Privileges. But all are not needed in this case.

Have a look here  GRANT - SAP HANA SQL and System Views Reference - SAP Library .

Cheers

Anindya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello , You are correct. I have assigned a role that contains catalog read and it works now. I wanted to assigned the catalog read directly to the user but i am getting an error saying that "Could not grant privilege CATALOG READ You are not authorized to perform the required actions" So what kind of users can grant system privileges?

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might try with SYSTEM user.  Or may be with some user who has USER_ADMIN System Privilege,  I am not sure , need to look for exact privilege.

May be your user id need access to CATALOG READ with GRANT OPTION ( which is currently missing ) . So , you are unable to grant it to someone else.  

Cheers

Anindya

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to give access to _SYS_REPO to SCHEMA A , because internally everything accessed by _SYS_REPO .

ooops!! you are not getting the problem during activation , you are getting that during viewing data model ?  Is that rigtht ?

What is there for User B under Object Privilege , B should also have access for _SYS_BIC and _SYS_BI

Cheers

Anindya