cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VDS

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just wondering, has anyone out there ever written a custom VDS connector? There's a couple of things I'd like to try, but I need some help understanding the JavaDOC.

Thanks,

Matt

Tagging a few people that might be able to help or know someone that can...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I have done or was involved in doing quite some interesting things with it already, like own authentication classes (when trying to authenticate users to different system) or integration to other source systems that only speak LDAP.

Unfortunately the documentation for developing own Java classes was not always so helpful / up to date. But there are some things you can do in VDS using the SAP classes, that I would not want to implement myself.

Maybe I can help with more specific questions.

Regards

Norman

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, Norman.  Mostly what I am looking for is the ability to create my own custom connector. I think I might need to learn more Java before I'm ready to tackle this.  There's plenty of sample code, but I just can't figure it out yet.  Putting this project on low status and will be doing some more IC related customization.  Should have some stuff to talk about soon.

Matt

jrondorf
Participant
0 Kudos

If you want to go beyond attribute mapping, you need to know Java. JavaScript is not supported.

Jannis

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jrondorf
Participant
0 Kudos

Tell me which kind of connector you want, and I tell you how to implement it without VDS

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nope, I want to be able to do more with VDS! There's so much more that can be done and no one is leveraging it!

jrondorf
Participant
0 Kudos

Than I cannot help you. There is so much where VDS is used, but actually not needed!

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah, I know...