cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Return Processing where Cash discount is involved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SD Experts,

I have one business scenario which I think is not unique to us.

Business scenario is simple and as follows-

1. 100 pc material sold to CustomerA @ $10/pc

2 Invoiced raised for 100 pc and $1000 payment term is 2% discount if paid within 7 days

3. Let us assume customerA in this case paid on 5th day., so eligible to get 2% ie $20 discount on $1000 invoice. Customer paid $980 against $1000 invoice and it is posted in SAP.

4. Now let us assume that after 2 months CustomerA returned  50 pc materials ( out of 100 pc) which he purchased earlier

My questions are-

a. How the processing clerk will know that there is a  cash discount of $ 20 is involved during return processing in SAP? How he will know that customer actually paid $980 and not $1000 as per invoice

b. How the SAP system will ensure that amount to be credited to customer account against return is only $980/2= $490 only and not $1000/2=$500 as per invoice as a part of invoice processing?

Thanking you in advance for your replies.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi parijat Mukherejee,

the below screenshot having an option to incorporate discount if a customer is paid amount with in 7 days which he can get 2% of discount . here payment term will notify to the clerck at the time of invoice posting. In the same way while creating return order , it will consider the previous transaction and reverse the GL entries . May be i cant able to explain you in detail , but you can check with your
FICO consultant , he will guide you correctly . 

Regards,

C.B Reddy.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you are expecting the SD person to validate from FI side, one option is give authorization to FBL5N by which, before creating any return order, the user has to check in FBL5N whether any cash discount is offered to that customer and accordingly, proceed further.  If you need system to validate, then you have to go for customization which I would not recommend.  Users have to educate on this.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Need updates from experts. Yet to get any

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Update please ???

vipul_shah
Explorer
0 Kudos

There is always billing block in credit memo request which will be release by Finance team.

So at the time of releasing credit note finance team can check what was receipt against this sales.