cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outside in development - Server proxy in ECC60

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to develop webservices in ECC6.0 system with outside in approach without XI.That means for a given wsdl generated by third party system ( not XI )we need to generate server proxy and this has to act as a webservice.

If it's possible any documentation on this or details how to achieve this?

Thanks,

Abdul Raheem S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope.

This is not possible with standard means.

Of course you can debug what XI does when it creates a service from a given definition.

regards,

anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for replying to the message. I am asking this question based on below blog.

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/12/29/service-enable-your-sap-application-component

As mentioned in the blog while generation server proxy it generates proxy class but it generages client proxy ( Outbound interface ).

Path to create Server Proxy:

SE80->Edit Object->Enterprise Services>Server Proxy>new

Thanks,

Abdul Raheem S

null

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anton,

Thanks. Since the wizard is available in the system and also the blog says samething I couldn't accept your correct answer veryfirst.sorry for that.

Thanks,

Abdul Rhaeem S

null

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look at this Blog.. it gives you more insight..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6066fbe8-edc4-2910-9584-a9601649...

Thanks,

Rajan Kedambi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abdul,

Yes, it can be created, you can do it by going into tCode SE80 in the ABAP stack; Edit Object->Enterprise Services -> Client/Server Proxy, You have options of generating proxies namely -> URL/HTTP destination, Local WSDL file, UDDI or XI repository. You can select any other than XI repository if you dont have XI configured.

Note - This is possible with WebAS 7.0, am not too sure if you can do this 6.40.

Regards,

Raj Kedambi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks. We have WAS 7.0 only. If we generate server proxy as mentioned by you it generates Client proxy only. Not server proxy.I have created another thread for the issue.

Thanks,

Abdul Raheem S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have created oss MEssage. SAP replied saying that without XI it's not possible.

Only way is to develop inside out and modify the webservice definition to match the wsdl.

Thanks all for looking in to this post.

Thanks,

Abdul Raheem S

Former Member
0 Kudos

that's what I said 7 minutes after you asked for it

regards, anton