cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD doesnt forward updates to another SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

on two backend systems, the sld from Javastack cant forward their entries to SLD from Solution Manager.

I already googled an searched here in SCN and SAP Notes, but find nothing. Can you help me about this error message in log from Source-SLD ?

#4 01/14/2016 12:06:03.984 [SLD Data Supplier Forwarding] ERROR com.sap.lcr.sagent.BuilderDirector: Can not send data to http://<host>:<port>

Thrown:

java.net.SocketException: Socket output stream shutdown by peer.

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.protocol.impl.Response.initialize(Response.java:481)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.protocol.Connection.getResponse(Connection.java:2619)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.protocol.Connection.sendInternal(Connection.java:1587)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.protocol.Connection.send(Connection.java:1474)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.protocol.requests.RequestBase.perform(RequestBase.java:554)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.protocol.requests.RequestBase.perform(RequestBase.java:667)

at com.sap.lcr.sagent.BridgeCommunicationHTTP.send(BridgeCommunicationHTTP.java:103)

at com.sap.lcr.sagent.BuilderDirector.redirectData(BuilderDirector.java:767)

at com.sap.lcr.sagent.BuilderDirector.performWork(BuilderDirector.java:606)

at com.sap.lcr.sagent.BuilderDirector.run(BuilderDirector.java:450)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:763)

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

You didn't give any version information for your landscape, and this is critical here. This is because the bi-directional sync between SLDs is only enabled if both SLDs are on NetWeaver 7.1 or higher. SLDs running on NetWeaver 7.0x (as of 7.00 sp12, I think, or something like that) can function as a source for a unidirectional sync to a 7.1+ SLD, but they cannot be the target for such a sync.

Solution Manager 7.1 is running on NetWeaver 7.01, so that means that SolMan's integrated SLD is 7.01, and therefore not capable of bidirectional sync. It can only be a source, and not a target. As you are attempting to forward data from another SLD to the SolMan SLD, and your SolMan SLD is not capable of receiving such forwarded data, this is likely the problem.

Instead, assuming you intend to use the SolMan SLD as your "central" SLD, you should just have the other Java engines use the regular DS supplier links that are built into the engine (in other words, don't use the local SLD capability on each java engine for this).

A better option would be to use a different SLD as your central SLD, as this would give you the option of using one on a higher NetWeaver release. You can have the SolMan SLD forward data to this new central SLD, at least until such time as you get all the Data Suppliers to point to the new central SLD and also configure LMDB to receive its sync'd data from the new central SLD. That is entirely possible. I wrote about this a bit in , but much more information can be found in the various blogs listed at .

Cheers,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

we are experiencing the same error in our landscape. The design is that we have all satellite systems connected and providing data towards PI Prod SLD (7.31) and from that one it is pushed to other SLDs - PI Dev, PI QA and Solman QA and Solman Prod (7.02).

We are encountering issues while data transfer is made from PI Prod SLD to Solman SLDs with error message "Socket output stream shutdown by peer", basically the same one as described above by Christian.

After I read your reply on his issue, I believe we have the problem as you describe... that the Solman can be only a source, not a target.

Could you please confirm that?

Thanks & regards,

Peter

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Peter,

Yes, your analysis is correct. That error is indeed due to the SolMan SLD not being capable of being a target for forwarding.

The solution in your case is to choose your PI SLD (probably the PRD one) as your "central" SLD, configure your SolMan PRD SLD to forward to it, and configure your SolMan PRD LMDB to receive its syncs from the PI SLD instead of its local SolMan SLD. Then, gradually, over time, configure all your data suppliers to send their information to the PI SLD instead of the SolMan SLD. Once they are all switched over, you can turn off the forwarding and deactivate SLD on SolMan.

Whether or not to have your various QA SLDs forward to your PRD SLD is a different landscape design question. I only use a single (standalone) SLD in my landscape, so everything points to the single source of truth, with one exception. I have a "DEV" SLD on my DEV SolMan, so my DEV Solman isn't receiving LMDB data from the PRD SLD... instead it's pretty much an isolated system, just for testing changes to SolMan. Anyway, there are a number of descriptions of best practices for reliable multi-SLD landscapes linked from the blog by Wolf Hengevoss that you may find interesting to peruse.

Cheers,

Matt

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We alreadysolved this issue.

problem were the different versions of CR Content on both SLD´s.

We updated both SLD´s to actual CR Content up to 2015 and SLD´s can communicate together.

Thx for your support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have the same CR/CIM content for both PI and Solman from Feb 2016, but the issue is still present, we cannot send data from PI to Solman.

#9 04/25/2016 12:22:39.620 [SLD Data Supplier Forwarding] ERROR com.sap.lcr.sagent.BuilderDirector: Can not send data to <host:port>

Thrown: java.net.SocketException: Socket output stream shutdown by peer.

But we have confirmation that the Bridge Forwarding is not version dependent as per the SAP Planning Guide provided by SAP Support via OSS ticket:

Since the SLD bridge forwards data without interpreting or changing it, automatic forwarding works independently of releases, patch levels, and installed CIM data models and SAP Component Repository content versions of the involved SLD instances.

There are actually several options for data distribution:

1) Full automatic synchronization

and

2) Automatic forwarding of data suppliers (Bridge Forwarding)

-> We are using Bridge Forwarding, and hence the conclusion based on sync is not correct

Regards, Peter

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Peter,

This is not quite correct. Forwarding works from any SLD release, but it only works to SLDs of NetWeaver 7.1 or higher. The SLD in SolMan is NetWeaver 7.02. So, you can set up forwarding from SolMan to PI, but not the other way.

Cheers,

Matt