Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling Unit status is not changed even after the delivery is received

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP experts,

We are in SAP ECC EHP 6. We are now testing the functionality of handling unit. To be sure, we dont want to have the full-blown HU functionality, eg. we just want to pack our delivery items and that's about it, as when it is received in the other branch (eg. stock transfer scenario), it will be unpacked and then kept in the storage location.

We have tried the following:

1. Create STO (using ME21N)

2. Create outbound delivery (using VL10B)

3. Edit the delivery and pack (generating HU - Handling Unit) --> HU status: PHEX WHSE (physically exist in wharehouse)

4. Set pick quantity and good issue (VL02N) --> HU status: PSTD (good issue posted)

5. GR for outbound delivery (MIGO) --> HU status not changed: PSTD

Note that from point 5, my materials are received already, but im not sure about the HU. The HU status is still PSTD, and I think it shouldnt be that way. Can someone share to me, how the process should be done in this scenario?

Best regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In point 5, how did you receive HU ? you have done an inventory posting (non-hu posting) using MIGO.

Point 4 - you have dispatched the HU and the status is PSTD. This is correct.

But, the receipt of HU is not done in point 5, instead the inventory (Quantity receipt is done). You need to use HU movement to change the status of the HU.

Thanks

Prem

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

Thanks for your reply. Are you saying to receive the HU using tcode VLMOVE - Posting General Goods Movement (with HU)? But I dont see any 101 in there.

What suppose to be the standard SAP on processing the STO with delivery?

Best regards,

John

balaji_ganesan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

In the standard process, you need to use SPED output type in the outbound delivery. This output type SPED would create inbound delivery automatically when it's processed in the outbound delivery and it will copy the Handling units from outbound delivery to inbound delivery without any manual intervention.

Regarding the SPED output type, you can find many help documents to achieve your business requirement.

Thanks,
Balaji

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried as per your suggestion. If I havent packed my items, I able to generate inbound delivery automatically once I post GI to the outbound delivery. However if I have packed my items in the outbound delivery and then post GI, the inbound delivery is not created. I check the processing log for message type SPED and this error message is seen:

Message no VL059 - You cannot add this item to the delivery

Are you familiar with this?

Best regards,

John

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you seen the long text to this message?

If not, then go to SE91 and look it up there.

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

The long text is saying something like this:

Diagnosis

This item cannot be added to the delivery

Procedure

You can control the adding of data to deliveries by delivery type in Customizing

Make the appropriate settings in Customizing as necessary or inform your administrator

Best regards,

John

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I can read, and I had read it before I replied.

Don't you understand this sentence: You can control the adding of data to deliveries by delivery type in Customizing

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

If you mean the setting of delivery type in SPRO > Logistic Execution > Shipping > Deliveries > Define Delivery Type. I have checked and for the testing purpose I have added the indicator 'automatic packing' and 'gen pack mat item'. And the result is still the same.

Do you have any other thought?

Best regards,

John

balaji_ganesan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

At first, I would request you to check the item requirement field (TVLK_POBED) for the delivery type which you are using in the customization through tCode (zero)0VLK. Here, item requirement should be BLANK to resolve this issue.

If you still having this issue even after removing item requirement, then please check the tCode 0184 and there shouldn't be any entry for the delivery type; item category for packing to be assigned. For instance, if your delivery type is EL and item category for packing is VERP, then following shouldn't be there:

DlvT    ItCG      USE       ItmC   ItmC   MltC   MltC   MltC

EL       VERP    PACK    ELP

Because with the above entry, if I have an EL delivery type, a packing material with the category VERP, being used to pack, a line item on the delivery will be created.  If I would remove this entry, no line item would be generated.

Also, please refer the note 831204 which provides additional information about this.

Thanks,
Balaji

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

I have set the item requirement field to be empty in delivery type and now it is working. Thanks a lot for your help!!

Best regards,

John

balaji_ganesan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

If your question has been answered, then I would request you to close it

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

balaji_ganesan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

In this scenario, since you are posting GR with reference to outbound delivery directly via MIGO, HU will be in the status of PSTD only i feel. But when you create an inbound delivery to perform goods receipt, then Handling Units would be copied from Replenishment delivery to Inbound delivery in that case.

Thanks,
Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please specify the config of your receiving storage location i.e. whether it is HU managed or not.

If it is not HU managed then logically the HU no longer exists (the status will be PSTD).

Thanks.

Jogesh

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

Thanks for your reply. You're saying that the actual process should be like this?

1. Create STO (using ME21N)

2. Create outbound delivery (using VL10B)

3. Edit the delivery and pack (generating HU - Handling Unit) --> HU status: PHEX WHSE (physically exist in wharehouse)

4. Set pick quantity and good issue (VL02N) --> HU status: PSTD (good issue posted)

5. Create inbound delivery (using VL31N)

6. GR for outbound delivery (VL32N)

I have tried your suggestion and the status does change in point 6 to become PHEX WHSE. Is this the correct sequence? Because it feels weird that i have to create 2 delivery for the same STO while we are actually in the same company and in the same system. One more thing, when I create inbound delivery, I assume the HU from the outbound delivery in the same STO will be inherited, but it is not, so I have to manually input the HU number into the inbound delivery. If the sequence is correct, I suppose that the user should not input the HU number manually right? Or do i miss something?

Best regards,

John

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jogesh,

Thanks for your reply. We are not using HU managed and not intend to. This is because when we receive the goods in warehouse we're going to unpack and store the goods separately. So we need the HU only for packing and tracking during transit.

Best regards,

John

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the MIGO (Step 5) is not receiving to HU managed location, then you are doing an inventory posting.

If you want to receive (PGR) a packed finished product, you should receive to HU managed storage location. In this case a delivery will be automatically created when trying to post goods receipt in migo. In that delivery you will be able to pack the finished product and post goods receipt in the delivery. This will change the HU status.

Thanks

Prem