Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FileAct and FIN messages to SWIFT Network

former_member190543
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a requirement to pick files (FileAct and FIN in separate interfaces) from BCM (Unix file system) and send to SWIFT network and get the acknowledgement files back. BCM creates only a Payment file which has got the signature in it and the requirement is to send 2 files, a payment file and an instruction file to SWIFT. As per my understanding I have built the following:

We are on PI 7.31 Single stack.

1. Imported and installed the SWIFT 622 package provided by SAP.

2. Created the communication channels as per the configuration guide (Guide not very clear)

a. File sender (NFS) channels for FileAct and FIN files (to pick files from file system)

b. File receiver (FTP) channels for FileAct and FIN files (to send to SWIFT)

3. Added the adapter modules in the communication channels.

My questions:

1. Where is the Instruction file generated? In PI or somewhere else?

2. Is FTP the correct way to send files to SWIFT network?

Many thanks.

Ramesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh

What SWIFT infrastructure do you have?

Thank you for the info.

Best regards
Christoph

former_member190543
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Sorry, I do not understand what did you mean by Swift infrastructure?

Thanks,

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh

How are you connect to your banks?

We do only have experiences in such a setup, when connected through our SWIFT ServiceBureau.

And then everything is done and provided in the SWIFT ServiceBureau by us - so you are fully shielded form that complexity.

Best regards

Christoph

former_member190543
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

We have a third party services company who have a FTP server to which we send the data through SFTP. This company sends the files to the bank.

Now they need a payment file and an instruction (parameter) file in non-encrypted format.

The payment file we send to them if fine, but the PAR file is generated by the SIPS and sent as an algorithm (looks like encrypted) as per my previous message in this thread. We want to send it in a readable format.

The source file is of the below format:

- <BACSDocument xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="newbacs-advices.xsd">

- <Data>

- <ARUCS>

<Header reportType="xxxx" adviceNumber="xxx" currentProcessingDate="2015-11-18" />

<AddresseeInformation name="xxxxx" />

<ServiceLicenseInformation userName="xxxxx" userNumber="xxxxxx" />

- <Advice>

- <OriginatingAccountRecords>

- <OriginatingAccountRecord>

<OriginatingAccount name="xxxxxx" number="xxxxx" sortCode="xxxxxx" type="0" bankName="xxxxxx" branchName="xxxxxx" />

- <ReturnedCreditItem ref="xxxxxx" uacName="xxxxxxxxxxxx" transCode="RA" returnCode="B" returnDescription="xxxxx" valueOf="xxx.00" currency="GBP">

<ReceiverAccount number="xxxxx" ref="xxxxxx" name="xxxxxxxx" sortCode="xxxxxx" bankName="xxxxx" branchName="xxxxxx" />

</ReturnedCreditItem>

- <ReturnedCreditItem ref="xxxxx" uacName="xxxx" transCode="RA" returnCode="5" returnDescription="No account" valueOf="xxxx.xx" currency="GBP">

<ReceiverAccount number="xxxx" ref="xxxx" name="xxxxx" sortCode="xxxxxx" bankName="xxxxx" branchName="xxxxxx" />

</ReturnedCreditItem>

- <ReturnedCreditItem ref="xxxxxx" uacName="x" transCode="RA" returnCode="0" returnDescriptionxxxx="Invalid details" valueOf="xxx.00" currency="GBP">

<ReceiverAccount number="xxxxxx" ref="xxxxxx" name="MARGARET xxxxx" sortCode="xxxxxx" bankName="xxxxx" branchName="xxxxxx" />

</ReturnedCreditItem>

<Totals numberOf="3" valueOf="xxxx.xx" currency="GBP" />

</OriginatingAccountRecord>

</OriginatingAccountRecords>

</Advice>

</ARUCS>

</Data>

<SignatureMethod>Vanilla</SignatureMethod>

<Signature>MIILOgYJKoZIhvcNAQcCoIIL.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................AeJFj00rBp5io5dWa0fX4YAcSWYxinQ2ufLVgA==</Signature>

</BACSDocument>

Thnaks,

Pratap.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh

Sorry - as said we do only have experiences in context wth SWIFTNet connectivity through our ServiceBureau.

And then we handle all the SIPS complexity as well as possible conversion / mapping issues in our Bureau - shielding you as a customer from all these SAP and SWIFT specifics.

I could support you if you would to chose SWIFT through our Bureau but not on H2H connections.

Best  regards

Christoph

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Can you please answer me one question? Is your 3rd party and Bank exchange files on a SWIFTnet network? If not, then you need not use a SIPS in your PI. Directly send the file generated in ECC to your 3rd party.

If you use SIPS, then the question of Payload and Par file comes into picture. As SWIFT is not involved in your scenario, do not use SIPS. Send the files directly via web-service? What is the Payment Medium Format of the Files you are using?

Also please check, if the files are signed and encrypted in BCM Module itself, as mentioned in the below link -

Regards,

Nitin

former_member190543
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Yes, the third party and Bank exchange the messages through SWIFTnet. We need to send a payment and an instruction file to the third party. The file from BCM is signed, but not encrypted.

The Payload file created after splitting is same as the input file. The PAR file created was coded and looks like a signature when I set DetachParameters value to false. When I set it to false, then an empty PAR file is generated.

Do you know how can I have a PAR file please?

Thanks a lot.

Ramesh.

former_member190543
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok, no problem Christoph.

Thanks for your help.

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh,

Detach parameter is used to split the Payload and PAR file using a mapping. Please use the detach parameters and check what you see in Payload and Par file. If it is not encrypted in ECC, then it must be visible in PI.

Please ask your BCM consultant to check the PMW configuration in OBPM4 tcode.

Regards,

Nitin

former_member190543
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Yes, I am using detach parameters in the sender channel and it is split into two files, but as some kind of algorithm or signature. However, the two files are exactly same. My input file is as above as per my message yesterday.

It is converted by the module to: (from rwb)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns0:SWIFT_payload_parFile xmlns:ns0="http://sap.com/xi/SWIFT">

<payload>PD94bWwgdmV................................................

..............................................................dW1lbnQ+</payload>

<parFile>PD94bWwgdmV................................................

...............................................................dW1lbnQ+</parFile>

</ns0:SWIFT_payload_parFile>

It is then split into two messages in the mapping as:

<ns1:SWIFT_payload xmlns:ns1="http://sap.com/xi/SWIFT">

<payload>PD94bWwgdmV8....................WduYXR1cmU+PC9CQUNTRG9jdW1lbnQ+</payload>

</ns1:SWIFT_payload>

and

<ns1:SWIFT_parFile xmlns:ns1="http://sap.com/xi/SWIFT">

<parFile>PD94bWwgdmV......................WduYXR1cmU+PC9CQUNTRG9jdW1lbnQ+</parFile>

</ns1:SWIFT_parFile>

However, when the files are written by the two receiver channels, Payload file is same as the input file i.e.,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>

- <!-- Generated by Oracle Repots version 10.1.2.3.0 --> 

- <BACSDocument xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="newbacs-advices.xsd">

- <Data>

- <ARUCS>

<Header reportType="xxxx" adviceNumber="xxx" currentProcessingDate="2015-11-18" />

<AddresseeInformation name="xxxxx" />

<ServiceLicenseInformation userName="xxxxx" userNumber="xxxxxx" />
- <Advice>
- <OriginatingAccountRecords>
- <OriginatingAccountRecord>
<OriginatingAccount name="xxxxxx" number="xxxxx" sortCode="xxxxxx"type="0" bankName="xxxxxx" branchName="xxxxxx" />
- <ReturnedCreditItem ref="xxxxxx" uacName="xxxxxxxxxxxx"transCode="RA" returnCode="B" returnDescription="xxxxx"valueOf="xxx.00" currency="GBP">
<ReceiverAccount number="xxxxx" ref="xxxxxx" name="xxxxxxxx"sortCode="xxxxxx" bankName="xxxxx" branchName="xxxxxx" />

</ReturnedCreditItem>

- <ReturnedCreditItem ref="xxxxx" uacName="xxxx" transCode="RA"returnCode="5" returnDescription="No account" valueOf="xxxx.xx"currency="GBP">

<ReceiverAccount number="xxxx" ref="xxxx" name="xxxxx"sortCode="xxxxxx" bankName="xxxxx" branchName="xxxxxx" />

</ReturnedCreditItem>

- <ReturnedCreditItem ref="xxxxxx" uacName="x" transCode="RA"returnCode="0" returnDescriptionxxxx="Invalid details"valueOf="xxx.00" currency="GBP">

<ReceiverAccount number="xxxxxx" ref="xxxxxx" name="MARGARET xxxxx" sortCode="xxxxxx" bankName="xxxxx"branchName="xxxxxx" />

</ReturnedCreditItem>

<Totals numberOf="3" valueOf="xxxx.xx" currency="GBP" />

</OriginatingAccountRecord>

</OriginatingAccountRecords>

</Advice>

</ARUCS>

</Data>

<Signature>MIILOgYJKoZIhvcNAQcCoIIL.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................AeJFj00rBp5io5dWa0fX4YAcSWYxinQ2ufLVgA==</Signature>

</BACSDocument>

<Signature>MIILOgYJKoZIhvcNAQcCoIILKzCCCycCAQExCzAJBgUrDgMCGgUAMAsGCSqGSIb3DQEHAaCCCPsw 

But no PAR file is generated as it is empty.
My question is ... should the input file have the paramaters as well so that it can be split in the mapping? I can't see any parameters in the source FileAct file.
Many thanks,
Ramesh.

former_member190543
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

I came across a thread where you discussed a similar problem and looks like you have solved yours. It looks like I am facing the similar problem as yours. Did Pavan send you the document? If so will you be able to share it with me please? It will be of great help. rameshsappo@gmail.com

former_member190543
Participant
0 Kudos

Also, I don't have the SAP APPL content from Service Marketplace. Do I need to download it?

Another thing is I don't have the KeyManager set up. I have used SWIFT_MySID as the KeyId.

Thanks,

Ramesh.

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh,

SAP APPL is the content based on your ECC system. Based on your ECC version, download the ESR content from SMP.

For ex - SAP APPL 604 for ECC 6 EHP 4

I have forwarded the file from pavan to your mail id.

Regards,

Nitin

former_member190543
Participant
0 Kudos

Many thanks Nitin. Your document resolved my issue.

former_member190543
Participant
0 Kudos

Basically, the parameters for the PAR file need to be provided by BCM in the input file along with the payload/payment data.

SWIFT package in PI then splits this into separate Payload and instruction files.

If the parameters are not provided by BCM, you can create this file in PI manually (provided you have all the required values and format from BCM consultant) but you have to modify the design and config objects to accommodate this.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh

If you mean by instruction file the XML V. 2 compagnion, this is been generated within SIPS (SAP Integration Package for SWIFT). SIPS runs / needs PI, but license-wise is been package with BCM.

Best regards

Christoph

former_member190543
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

You are correct, the instruction file is generated by the SIPS. I used DetachParameters in the module configuration and it created the instruction file. But now the problem is .... it created the file and the message is encoded and not like a regular PAR file like below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><ns1:SWIFT_parFile xmlns:ns1="http://sap.com/xi/SWIFT"><parFile>Aw74bWwgkmVyc2lbte0iMS4wIiBlbmNvxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx..................................................................................................................U+PC9CQUNTRG9jdW1lbnQ+</parFile></ns1:SWIFT_parFile>

Do you know how can I convert back to readable instruction file?

Many thanks.

Ramesh.

former_member190543
Participant
0 Kudos

My config is as below:

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

1. Where is the Instruction file generated? In PI or somewhere else?

AFAIK these files should be on the filesystem on the sender system, however could be in a folder shared with PI

2. Is FTP the correct way to send files to SWIFT network?

I think the securest way is to use the SFTP adapter:

Regards.