Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS failure after Microsoft updates

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All,

Yesterday, I installed 22 new Microsoft updates and afterwards my NWDS didn't start at all.

Nothing in the logs, no splash screen, nothing.

I tried to uninstall some updates, but this seems to be unsuccessful.

After some reboots, I managed to get the NWDS started.

I restarted my laptop again -> nothing.

But now, I see something in the logs:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui.workbench 2 0 2016-01-14 09:16:04.072

!MESSAGE A handler conflict occurred.  This may disable some commands.

!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui.workbench 2 0 2016-01-14 09:16:04.072

!MESSAGE Conflict for 'AUTOGEN:::com.sap.ide.xpi.ui.common.pi/com.sap.ide.xpi.ui.common.actions.authorization':

HandlerActivation(commandId=AUTOGEN:::com.sap.ide.xpi.ui.common.pi/com.sap.ide.xpi.ui.common.actions.authorization,

handler=ActionDelegateHandlerProxy(null,com.sap.ide.xpi.ui.common.actions.AuthorizationAction),

expression=AndExpression(ActionSetExpression(com.sap.ide.xpi.ui.common.pi,org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow@15c966a),WorkbenchWindowExpression(org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow@15c966a)),sourcePriority=16640)

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot

Dimitri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dimiti,

Have you tried to insall the NWDS in other location?, i have two NWDS in my laptop for different releases, i say this because i think it is not necessary to unnintstall your current NWDS. In this way, if you have problems with the new installation you can report to SAP if there is any problem with your windows version and the NWDS.

Regards.

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just downloaded NWDS and start the EXE file. Nothing has been installed.

Regards,

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dimitri,

Try deleting the files after taking back up and place it again.I guess something corrupted while updating.

And also try using other version of NWDS to ensure no issue with softwares in ur laptop.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

Is your OS windows 7?

Regards.

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, it is

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

There are some problems with windows 7 depending your NWDS version. Check if this note can help you 1566977 - NWDS on Windows 7

Regards.

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When MS Outlook is open, NWDS does not start.

When I close MS Outlook, the NWDS starts.

very strange.

perhaps a (security) update for MS Outlook blocks something in the background.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yep..

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

Your current problem is quite interesting, i've just check my outlook properties a didn't found any clue, i'm sorry, even checking this link How to stop OutLook Security Message : A program is trying to access e-mail addresses, Allow access...

Have you checked with the outlook running but the anti-virus stopped?

Regards.

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did several tests and it seems that NWDS just does not start when MS Outlook is active.

Also the anti-virus I have does not matter whether enabled or not.

The problem remains strange, but the main target is the have NWDS available. No matter what it takes.

Kind regards,

Dimitri