cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason for Rejecting a Discussion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SCN Supporting Team,

Yesterday, i have created a Discussion named "What is difference between standard datasources in LBWE and RSA5". Before i created the Discussion  i have searched for material on Internet and there isn't the same Discussion before. My Disccusion is in SAP Business Warehouse, and i am sure that the content follows the Forum Rules.

But today my Discussion is rejected and i don't understand.

Please help to tell me the reasons, by which my discussion is rejected, so when i create new Discussion i will avoid them.

Thankyou very much and i wish you all a good day

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor

I can't see the discussion and BW is not my area of expertise, but very frequently such discussions are reported because they look like "lazy" (i.e. author didn't bother searching in Google) and generic questions. If you've already read about something but still have a specific questions then it is beneficial to put that in the discussion.

E.g. instead of just asking "what's the difference between A and B" ask "I've read about A and B here and here (add links so that people could see where you got the information), but I'm still having trouble understanding <such and such>".

Also frequently I see the questions that maybe were not asked on SCN in the same exact form, but they are in fact not different from many similar questions that were already answered. It shouldn't be difficult for an SAP professional to expand their search to different terms.

SCN members can't read minds, we can only see what is written in the discussion. Unfortunately, it's not unusual to see the discussions that appear like RTFM questions, but when you direct the OP to Google they get all offended and claim that they have already performed extensive analysis. How are we supposed to know that and why their question does not show it then?

There are SCN blogs that offer some perspective on rejection: this one and this one, among others.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Pravender
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I did not lock it.

But It is quite a basic topic in BW and should have been searched before posting.

Please search SCN before posting a new discussion, if the topic has been already discussed.

Thanks,

Pravender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pravender for Reply,

Of course i have searched the Topic to check if there is the same before, and i am sure that there isn't.

I'm new with BW, and this Topic is not very easy to understand for Beginner like me, so i have read some Documents regarding both LBWE and RSA5, and it makes me now confusing. Therefore i need help from SCN.

I hope that, my Topic can be unlocked,

Thanks

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos