Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITSM: Multilevel Categorization

shubhra_prasad
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to setup IT Service Management (Service Desk) in Solution Manager 7.1 SP12 and am facing issues while working with multilevel categorization.

My user has been assigned the business role SOLMANPRO (role configuration key is maintained and I have enabled the configuration mode in CRM UI). ITSM related roles are also assigned to my ID.

The custom transaction type (ZMIN in my case) has been assigned to the catalog category (D Defect Locations/Object Part) in SPRO.

The example schema SAP_SOLUTION_MANAGER_TEMPLATE had been activated. I created a new schema as a copy of this template and created the category hierarchy under this. Schema status is 'Draft'.

However, I am not able to assign my transaction type to this schema under the 'Application Area' section.

When I click on 'New' button, the following line gets added -

Business Activity     Subject Profile     Activity Reason

I don't get the dropdown option to select anything in the above three fields.

Also, the 'delete' button under 'Application Area' block in the Schema is disabled so I am not able to delete the standard entries either.

I checked the CRM_CATEGO authorization object and it is maintained correctly.

[Activity: Create or generate, Change, Display, Delete, extended maintenance, Release etc

Schemastatus: Draft, Released, Deployed, Active

Object Links: *

Application ID: Incident, Knowledge Article, Problem

Part: application area, category, object links, schema]

This object is added in SUPPDESK_CONFIG role which is assigned to my user ID.

By default the subject profile 'ACT000001' gets populated to my created schema if I try to add anything in application area. Again the subject profile field is not editable.

Could someone please suggest as to how I can delete the standard entries and add my custom transaction type in application area of the schema?

Regards

Shubhra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shubhra_prasad
Explorer
0 Kudos

Could someone please suggest on this issue?
Screenshot of 'application area' is as below -

As seen above, the 'delete' button is disabled and when I click on 'New', the highlighted entry gets added. There is no dropdown option available.

Regards

Shubhra

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shubhra,

this seems to an authorization issue because normally the entry added like this only but should have drop down.

pls check with security team

Thanks

Prakhar

shubhra_prasad
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Is there any way to trace the actions performed on the crm web ui?

All the ITSM related roles are assigned to my ID. I have even checked CRM_CATEGO auth. object and that looks ok too.

Regards

Shubhra

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes you need to use ST01 trace to figure it out and refer below thread

Authorizations in CRM 2007 - How to check missi... | SCN

this should resolve

Thanks

Prakhar

shubhra_prasad
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Prakhar.

It was an authorization issue itself.

Issue is resolved now.

Regards

Shubhra

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank You Shubhra ...all the best further.

Take care

Regards

Prakhar

Answers (0)