cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packaging Material doesn't appears in Inbound Delivery Line item details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We have recently upgraded our system to SAP EHP 7 version.

After this upgrade, I found one strange thing. Whenever we pack inbound deliveries, the packaging material doesn't appears in the inbound delivery line item details as 900001. The system shows that the material is packed but at first look of the inbound delivery, no packaging line item appears.

Luckily, our production system is not upgraded till now. So, I can see that the packaging information appears with the line item as 900001 in the inbound delivery. Please check the below screen shot:

In the above screen shot, you can notice that the packaging material 113870 appears in the IBD line item details with the line item number as 900001. The same is not happening in our pre production system.

Can someone please let me know what could be the root cause for this issue? Do I need to raise this issue to SAP OSS team?

Please advise.

Thanks and Regards,

Umakanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

balaji_ganesan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Umakanth,

Could you please confirm whether any message has been shown in the error log during creation or while saving the delivery? If yes, then please provide us the details of the message. Also, please confirm from which SAP_APPL release you upgraded to EHP7.

Thanks,
Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

Thank you for replying. We didn't get any errors while packing.

The packing in fact works fine. However, we are not getting the 900001 pack. line item in the main screen of the inbound delivery.

Also, we got upgraded from SAP_APPL 606 to 617.

Thanks and Regards,

Umakanth

balaji_ganesan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Umakanth,

I doubt that this issue would be caused due to item category determination of packing materials which was not determined properly and hence, it's missing in the delivery line item.

So, I requested you to check the error log whether anything has been mentioned about this.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

We didn't get any kind of error messages in the error log. It is all clear.

Also, you said that the issue would have been caused due to item category determination for packing materials which might not have been determined correctly.

Can you please tell me where and how to determine this?

Appreciate your response in this case.

Thanks and Regards,

Umakanth

balaji_ganesan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Umakanth,

In the function module RV_LIPS_PSTYV_DETERMINE, could you please place a breakpoint in the select query which selects the data from T184L table to see whether determination is happening correctly or not? This would be called during the creation of delivery.

Thanks,
Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Balaji,

Thank you for taking up this issue.

In our production system that is still having the old EHP version 606, the item requirement was 201 and still, the SPED output type and line item 900001 would be visible while packing in IBDs.

I raised this issue to OSS team and they found that the note 1881769 was actually not implemented in the old version of SAP.

However, now that we have moved from 606 to 617, this note has beem implemented by default.

Hence, as per the requirement of this note, it is mandatory to change the item requirement to 202 in the delivery type EL in transaction 0VLK.

I have done this change and not getting the issues anymore in our development and pre production system. Thank you for your suggestion.

Regards,

Umakanth

Answers (0)