cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create UDF for Message Mapping using ABAP, instead of JAVA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am just wondering how to Create User-Defined Function for Message Mapping using ABAP, instead of JAVA, now seems default in JAVA.

Really appreciate your advise!

Blue

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Blue,

User defined functions are always written in Java, there is no way to develop them in ABAP. It is possible to trigger calls of external functions (including those developed in ABAP) from a user defined function, but it is not possible to develop a user defined function in a language other that Java.

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Thanks again and thank you so much for your confirmation, I wasn't sure about this. It is good to get confirmed.

Blue

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarah

Vadim has provided a conclusive answer to you in this thread and some of your other threads. You should be closing the discussion by marking his reply as "correct answer" instead of "helpful answer" as that will properly close the thread. Closing the thread properly will help those in the future with the similar query to quickly find a thread that is already answered.

Please check out also the blog below as it gives pointers on how to participate positively in this community.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Eng.

It is very good and valid point. I will do so from now on.

Blue

Answers (0)