cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSE3003: Redundant outbound enabler connection for backend server

0 Kudos

Hello,  I am upgrading MobiLink configuration from v11 to v16.  Seem to be just about there, but currently receiving the "RSE3003 Redundant outbound enabler" message in the RS log.  The v16 is being built upon the same servers that v11 was on previously.

Receiving various error messages:

• From the RSOE
    • Successfully connected to relay server
    • OEE1031: The outbound enabler access was denied by Relay Server
    • OEE1036: A network connection was closed by the Relay Server or an intermediary while the Outbound Enabler was reading from it
    • etc
    • OEE1052: The Outbound Enabler was unable to write a OE_DNCHANNEL_NOOP(PUNCTURE) packet to the relay server
    • MCL9: Unable to write 4133 bytes. Netwqork error: An established connection was aborted by the software in your local machine
    • (winsock error code: 10053)
  • The ML server
    • Started RTNotifier 'RTNotifier1'
    • -10030 A network read failed.  Unable to read data from the remote client
    • this connection will be abandoned due to previous errors
  • The RS server
    • RSE3003: Redundant outbound enabler connection for backend server
    • RSE3009: Communication error SYS1229: an operation was attempted on a nonexistent network connection
    • RSE3005: Mismatched outbound enabler instancefor backend server
  • IIS log
    • numerous entries with 200 status code, then every so often an entry with 404 on /rs/server/rs_server.dll

I can augment this with logs and config files if required.  Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I revise former posting.

Did you restart IIS?

The IIS application pool may hold an old rs_server.dll.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Thanks Koichi,  In fact I have restarted the server.  No change.  Frustrating.

These are the messages that concern me:

- RSE3002: Redundant outbound enabler connection for backend server

- does anyone know how to determine why this is redundant

- RSE3005: Mismatched outbound enabler instance for backend server

- again, how can I tell what is mismatched

- SYS1229: An operation was attempted on a nonexistent network connection... occurred while writing to up channel of backend server

- this is likely related to the IIS log entries - HTTP/1.1 IAS_OE_DnChannel - - ip.ip.ip.ip 404 13 0 1461 4096 0

Thanks

former_member207653
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We have seen RSE3003, RSE3005 and HTTP 404 errors when there are communication errors detected by the outbound enabler (OE) but not by the Relay Server (RS), and the OE tries to re-establish the channel. This is interpreted by the RS as a reduntant OE until the RS detects the communication error as well. Eventually, the RS server should get rid of the old channels and the service restarts working.

Are you testing with the latest build of SQL Anywhere 16?

Can the Mobilink sync succeed eventually?

0 Kudos

Thanks Mirco,

That question was asked when trying to upgrade our test environment from v11 to v16.  That environment resolved the issue, and has worked fine since then.  Not 100% sure, but it must have resolved itself.

Now, we have attempted to upgrade the production environment from v11 to v16.  Here is the sequence I start up components and the errors I now receive:

- start the RS service - all fine and waits

- start IIS AppPool, start IIS WebSite - all fine and waits

- start the ML service - all fine and waits

- start the RSOE service

- successfully connected to backend server (ML)

- successfully connected to relay server (RS)

- messages from the RS as follows

- Processing RS peer list request

- Processing up channel connect request

- Authenticating up channel first time connection

- Using RSOE protocol version 8

- Engaging...

- Established for server 'servername' in farm 'farmname'

- Processing up channel connect request

- Authenticating up channel first time connection

- using RSOE protocol version 8

- Engaging...

- RSE3003: Redundant outbound enabler connection...

- Processing down channel connect request

- Authenticating down channel

- RSE3005: Mismatched outbound enabler instance...

- ...above 8 lines repeat...

- messages from the RSOE as follows

- OEE1052: The outbound enabler was unable to write a OE_DNCHANNEL_NOOP(PUNCTURE) packet to the Relay Server because of ... (winsock error code: 10053).

- successfully connected to relay server

- OEE1031: The outbound enabler access was denied by the relay server

- OEE1036: A network connection was closed by the relay server or an intermediary while the outbound enabler was reading from it

We were not able to complete a synchronization.  However, we never let the connection remain actively trying for more than a few of minutes, and the interval is set at 10 minutes.

Based on your previous comments, should I reduce the interval to 1 minute, and leave the connection actively trying to synchronize for a much longer time - like 1 or 2 hours.  With this frequency, and duration (leaving the connection trying to sync on a 1 minute interval) do I have a chance of this resolving itself?

0 Kudos

There was no answer to this post, however if you are reading this thread, you are more than likely to find helpful information on this thread:

- http://scn.sap.com/thread/3871037

Answers (0)