cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF- Customer Master Mapping to APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to know how to find out what are the customer master related data are transferred to APO. Basically what APO receives from R/3?

I got from apohelp some bunch of function modules and exits but I am not able to confirm the mapping.

SAP R/3 function module:

CIF_PLANT_LOCATION_MAP

SAP R/3 customer exit:

EXIT_SAPLCLOC_001 (CIFLOC01)

SAP R/3 function module:

CIF_VENDOR_LOCATION_MAP

SAP R/3 customer exit:

EXIT_SAPLCLOC_002 (CIFLOC01)

SAP R/3 function module:

CIF_CUSTOMER_LOCATION_MAP

SAP R/3 customer exit:

EXIT_SAPLCLOC_003 (CIFLOC01)

SAP R/3 function module:

CIF_MRPAREA_LOCATION_MAP

SAP R/3 customer exit:

EXIT_SAPLCDC5_001 (CIFLOC02)

SAP APO function module:

/SAPAPO/CIF_LOC_INBOUND

SAP APO customer exit:

EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_LOC_001

(APOCF001)

SAP APO function module:

/SAPAPO/DM_LOCATION_MAINTAIN

SAP APO customer exit:

EXIT_SAPMMDUSER_004 (APOMD004)

Out of this i used from R/3 side this one CIF_CUSTOMER_LOCATION_MAP

in apo side i used this one /SAPAPO/CIF_LOC_INBOUND

But I am not able compare what is going out with what is coming into APO.

Could you please help me with this.

Thanks

Prem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

Good that Finally I was able to convince business not to go for this kind of analysis of mapping. your input was good and useful.

I am rewarding points for this.

Thanks

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Customer numer, description and address is passed from R/3 to SCM. The location type is 1010.

/Shibu

Thanks for rewarding points if this is helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sibbu,

Do you have any step by step instruction on this. I am new to CIF.

Also I am trying to understand the mapping

R/3 side function ==CIF_CUSTOMER_LOCATION_MAP

APO side function ===/SAPAPO/CIF_LOC_INBOUND

Do you have already the mapping what is mapped to what kind of document.

If you could provide me that it will be of great help.

Thanks

Prem

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

I am not sure why you are delving in the FMs to check the mapping of master data between APO and R/3. The Core Interface Function or CIF is a standard interface for Master Data transfer from R/3 to APO (and also transaction data).

You use CFM1 transaction in R/3 to create Integration Models. There you would get Customer as a selection option to be included in an Integration Model which is the structure for transferring data via CIF.

For planning purpose in APO, the customer is mapped as a location of location type 1010 (as mentioned by Shuibu). The associated products need to be extended (created and added to model 000) to this location before you can start planning.

For a better overview of CIF see https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SCM/CIF

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

Basically the customer is new to the implementation. so they are interested to see the mapping fields like what and all they can expect in APO from R/3. Otherwise I am fine with what SAP is giving...

Trying to find out any kind of mapping information is available.

only going through the fuction module ...import export ...is the only option here?

Any good idea ?

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

What is the business scenario for the implementation. What are the modules planned for implementation.

The way customer is handled in APO can be different from that in ERP or R/3. I am assuming customer is required for Sales Order and also for Demand Management.

In such a case - APO Demand Planning module will be relevant for Demand Management function. However the architecture and design of DP is completely different from R/3 Demand Management.

The Master Data in APO DP is a Characteristic-Value-Combination (commonly called CVC) which is an unique planning combination. The Customer can be a Characteristic of the Planning Combination along with Product/Material and other characteristics in Product dimension like Major Category, Product Division and also Customer dimension like Sales Office, Region etc.

Now for this you DO NOT need customer master dat to be transferred from R/3 to APO. This is because to generate CVCs you just need the "value" of customer characteristic like say Walmart, Best Buy etc. and not the actual Master Data (XD03 in R/3).

Likewise your Sales History in APO is typically stored in Infocubes (APO-BW) having a similar Planning Combination or CVC as below

ProductA-Walmart-Major Category1-Division1-Sales Office NE-North Region-100-EA-10012007.

Such a record in the Infocube defines a Customer Order (Sales Order) of 100 quantity with requirement date 10 Jan 2007.

For this you do not need with the Material Master or the Customer Master created in APO.

However if you plan to use Supply Network Planning in APO then you would need the relevant Master Data like Location-Products. But in SNP you may not be interested at the customer level information but at the Distribution Centers - which anyway will be Plants in R/3 with Node type DC which transferred to APO creates location of type 1002 - DC.

Hope this helps. If it has not then feel free to post your queries with more details.

Thanks,

Somnath