cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a copy of the generated report?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am on BO 4.1 SP5.

I need to schedule a report and then get a copy of it once it is generated. I have figured out the the APIs needed for first browsing the folders, listing them, and scheduling the report of interest. However, once the scheduled report is generated (I am generating a pdf), I can't find an API to fetch that generated report. My experiments suggest that the generated report doesn't show up as part of "documents", and therefore I cannot use the document APIs to list/fetch it. The schedule APIs only provide further information about the schedule, but not actually giving me a copy of the report that I can save locally. Any inputs would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

-Ankit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The BIP RESTful API didn't offer a way to get a generated PDF.

But I think this has been implemented in 4.2 release. I suggest you to check.

Best regards,

Anthony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anthony, unfortunately I don't have control over the BO version, I am just the consumer. I guess I will have to stick with the "email" option of the scheduling API until then. Thanks anyway for confirming that this is currently not possible.

-Ankit

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Another option could be to export to Webi document format and then perform a PDF export of the generated Webi document.

Anthony

Answers (0)