cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracing performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

We have an application written i PowerBuilder 12.5, which has a lot of code for doing calculation in the database.

As of lately, one of our customers has noticed that when this particular code is running, dbsrv12.exe is using 90-95% CPU-power on all cores as the same time.

However, when we run the same code against another database (same schema and EBF), dbsrv12.exe is using only 20-25% on 1-2 cores while the other cores is idle.

Is it possible to trace the queries and activity in the database to se if any indexes or something else is wrong?

I have also done the exact same on my laptop running dbeng12.exe, and the same thing is happening.

On one database all 8 cores is experiencing 90-95% load while on the other database is utilizing only 2-3 cores at 20% while the rest is idle.

So I can trace both database and source code if needed.

Regards,

Bjarne

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207653
Active Participant
0 Kudos

http://dcx.sap.com/index.html#1201/en/dbusage/ug-perform.html

There are several tools you can use (link above for more details).

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

yzzhang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Bjarne,

I was wondering if you could refer the following tutorial to find out slow SQL statements, and check the query plans.

http://dcx.sap.com/index.html#1200/en/dbusage/ug-appprofiling-s-5646504.html

Best regards

Zhang Yun-zheng

former_member194571
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bjarne,

did you check / adjust the max_query_tasks option? I found it responsible for occasional erratic behavior with queries executed in parallel. If you set the option to 1 and still observe the same behavior, the reason is s.th. different.

HTH

Volker

former_member186998
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bjarne,

Do you apply EBF of SQL Anywhere version 12?

The EBF fixes many performance issue. Latest EBF is EBF4344 released on December 23, 2015.

Thanks,

Atsushi