Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel add in Issues

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I seem to  be having issues with Excel add in. Can you please look at the attachment and help me out?

Thanks,

Subash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Subash

I think you have two different issues here, but likely none of them is Excel-problem.

1) Missing advanced options.

Did you configure any? Which? Here you usually find stuff like copy operator or SCM planning operator, snapshots etc- ut only if configured and assigend to the planning area, and only if you have the authorization to use them. If you dont have admin user, you need to check authorization concept. Or you have not assigned any operator to your planning area

3) Your time profile. you see what you ave loaded as time profile. Maybe you have mixed PERIODID with PERIOD Decsription in your file? If you would share you load file, and your load log for the time profile, we may be able to help further. That could be reason why you see as number. And if you then try to load your KF into the planning area, they may not match to the PERIODID, so check your log.

Or the KF you selected is not initialized yet. Or...

Would be helpful if you could explain what kind of configzuration you did (e.g. copy of planning area SAP... (probably not as you seem to have only months and none of the standard planning areas I know only have months), how is your time profile (TP) looking like, what kind of TP and master data and keyfigures did you load etc
. ANd what release you are working on (IBP4 or 5 or SOP3)

Help in general can be found ion model configuration guide, depending on your release

Kind regards

Irmi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash

Just to add a few points to Expert Irmi's input.   Please check following -

1. Time Bucket Profile : 

Verify file which was uploaded to create time profile. Please make sure "PERIODDESC" column is correctly populated in the file and it is usually 4th column in the file.   As technically PERIODDESC can accept any value/text, whatever values you specify becomes your PERIODDESC. Period ID is expected to be first column and Parent ID  is expected to be the last column(5th one) in the file. I suggest to download the time profile template and prepare the file correctly.

2.  Regarding Advanced Option in Excel Add-in :

Advanced options lists all the planning operators which are assigned to Planning Area. There are many Planning Operators like ADVSIM, COPY, FORECAST, IO, SCM, SNAPSHOT, SNAPSHOTREDO. { To assign the new planning operator to your planning area, navigate to Planning Area and Details, select your planning area, choose Planning Operators, and then select Available Planning Operators. Select the new planning operator and click OK. }

Please check if there are any planning operators assigned to your Planning Area.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Irmi and Satish,

Big lesson learnt here....since the log was green I did not bother to open it. After your response I checked the log and the 'Period description' had become a 5 digit integer. So I patiently redid the file and it looks great..csv file loading is always a messy affair as one has to be very careful. I am still trying to understand why Calendar is not integrated making us go thru this. I see people on SCN commenting about profile which has Day,Week,Month and Quarter.

I will check the Excel for 'advanced' tab and let you know.

BIG Thanks all,

SUbash

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Subash,

For the second popup No Data Found, even if you have setup Master Data through Excel or Data Integration on Web UI, you need to create New Planning Object / Combinations. Think of this like creating CVCs in APO DP. Only then you can get the data displayed in Planning View.

Are you using SAP standard Planning Area or created custom one. If custom then you need to create Planning View from scratch and that can be quite a task. Refer to SAP Note 1790530 for guidance on use and template files for Planning Views.

Hope this helps.

Somnath