cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to service InfoStore from server xxx.xx.xx.xxx via CMS xxx.xx.xx.xxx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have application server (has application) and reports server (has database and RAS).

When I tried to run the reports, I am getting the message as given below.

Error 500: com.crystaldecisions.sdk.exception.SDKException$OCAFramework: Unable to connect to service InfoStore from server xxx.xx.xx.xxx via CMS xxx.xx.xx.xxx cause:com.crystaldecisions.enterprise.ocaframework.OCAFrameworkException$ServiceConnection: Unable to connect to service InfoStore from server xxx.xx.xx.xxx via CMS xxx.xx.xx.xxx cause:com.crystaldecisions.thirdparty.org.omg.CORBA.TRANSIENT: attempt to establish connection failed: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out minor code: 0x4f4f0001 completed: No detail:Unable to connect to service InfoStore from server xxx.xx.xx.xxx via CMS xxx.xx.xx.xxx The exception originally thrown was com.crystaldecisions.thirdparty.org.omg.CORBA.TRANSIENT: attempt to establish connection failed: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out minor code: 0x4f4f0001 completed: No detail:Unable to connect to service InfoStore from server xxx.xx.xx.xxx via CMS xxx.xx.xx.xxx The exception originally thrown was com.crystaldecisions.enterprise.ocaframework.OCAFrameworkException$ServiceConnection: Unable to connect to service InfoStore from server xxx.xx.xx.xxx via CMS xxx.xx.xx.xxx cause:com.crystaldecisions.thirdparty.org.omg.CORBA.TRANSIENT: attempt to establish connection failed: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out minor code: 0x4f4f0001 completed: No detail:Unable to connect to service InfoStore from server xxx.xx.xx.xxx via CMS xxx.xx.xx.xxx The exception originally thrown was com.crystaldecisions.thirdparty.org.omg.CORBA.TRANSIENT: attempt to establish connection failed: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out minor code: 0x4f4f0001 completed: No and had the following message: Unable to connect to service InfoStore from server xxx.xx.xx.xxx via CMS xxx.xx.xx.xxx The exception originally thrown was com.crystaldecisions.thirdparty.org.omg.CORBA.TRANSIENT: attempt to establish connection failed: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out minor code: 0x4f4f0001 completed: No

Please let me know, how to troubleshoot this or how to resolve this issue.

Thank you!

NS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murugesan,

Can you check that there is no firewall.

Basically the error you are getting is due to the communications across the server. Also ensure all the servers are up and running and enabled.

Ports used by Business Objects servers (Central Management Server, Crystal Cache server and Crystal RAS servers) are not opened on the firewall.

Hope this will help.

regards,

Mahak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahak,

What are the default ports for Central Management Server (6400), Crystal Cache server (?) and Crystal RAS servers?

We have already opened the port 6400 in firewall.

Thank you!

Murugesan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Murugesan,

Default Port for CMS is 6400 and it is given at the Time of installation and it can be changed. Also CMS is the only server which has 2 ports i.e. 1 is CMS and other is Request Port to full fill the requests.

For CMS :

• Navigate to CCM and Properties >> Configuration
  • For CMS request port  Go to CMC >> Servers >> Central Management Console >> Metrics. Check Request port Value.

For All other server by default the ports are random and you can check which port is allotted by doing the same i.e. CMC >> Servers >> <Servername> >> Metrics.

You can change the ports and make them static so that each time they will run on the given port in CMC >> Servers >> <Servername> >> Properties and uncheck Auto assign and provide the Request Port.

Hope this will help.

regards,

Mahak