cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detailed steps on outbound/inbound proxy configuration through SPRO t-code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SCN Community,

AFAIK, when there is no proxy configuration done in PI system, then we should configure them through t-code SPRO.

Therefore, please correct me if I am wrong.

The steps in accordance to me should be:

1. In t-code SPRO, the first work is to bring the SAP PI system displayed, so we need to go to the SAP Netweaver section, and configure all the gateway parameters for OData.

2. Ofcourse before step 1, we need to enable the gateway (for which we also have an option in SPRO), and provide cerain User roles through that section.

3. After the above steps, i.e, after all the RFC connections are maintained with the SLD, we need to maintain the connection type as H.

4. Additionally, for outbound proxy, we need to go to t-code SXMB_ADM and click on Configure Integration Engine, and enter the URL which will decide with which cluster of PI ECC will connect with.

5. In SLD, we have to maintain Software component version, and Product. These will then reflect in ESR.'

6. Other than this, in SLD, we also need to maintain the Technical Systems, and in very rare cases, also need to maintain Business System, where we map the Technical System with business system.

7. Also, need to maintain the Transport, i.e., the source and target environments, w.r.t. Dev, QA and Prod.

8. Finally, after all the objects in ESR are built and activated (especially the Service Interfaces), we need to go to t-code SPROXY in ECC and generate the proxy.

I wrote the above points just to be sure about the detailed steps in an end to end development. Please let me know if I have gone wrong anywhere.

Best Regards,

Souvik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Souvik,

Right,

Two connections in SM59 one for sending data and other displaying PI ESR Objects in Sproxy transaction.

And you can keep the below link which is always handy for proxy connections

Michal's PI tips: How do you activate ABAP Proxies with AEX  - simplified version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghu for the blog.

BTW, I just want to clarify one more thing. OData is something related to Object Data in my opinion.

So is it that i is here where we decide the modelling of the data structure?

Is this responsible for the XML structure in PI ?

Request you to please answer to my above questions.

Regards,

Souvik

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Souvik,

ODATA is a separate protocol.

ODATA protocol is used in Netweaver gateway, It has various advantages and flexibility.

With PI it has no link unless your trying to achieve ODATA protocol connections with PI.

But no link with proxy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghu for the explanation.

However, I am interested in knowing what OData actually is. I mean what it actually does, how exactly does it behave when used in PI.

For that do you want me to start a new Discussion or would you like to continue in this thread?

Please let me know.

Best Regards,

Souvik

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Souvik,

You can close this thread and open a new one .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raghu,

I have opened a new thread :

Thanks,

Answers (0)