cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to detect an abap and/or AS Java instance in 7.4 Portal while using SUM tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

While running the sum tool for updating the patches I'm getting the error "Unable to detect an abap and/or AS Java instance of the SAP system EPP installed  on host vminpaeppci" and " Error during controller startup".

I have restarted the server also but unable to resolve the issue.

Please suggest any appropriate solution if any parameters settings to be done.

Attaching the issue screenshot.

Regards,

Ganesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ganesh,

Start the SUM with the below parameter.

./STARTUP hostname=<hostname>

Also follow the sapnote

2034903 - cUnable to detect an abap and/or AS java instance of the SAP system <SID> installed on hos...

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

Thanks for the reply and now the SUM tool is able to detect the AS java instance.

But as mentioned in SAP note "Check the host name information in the instance profile parameters SAPLOCALHOST, SAPGLOBALHOST and SAPLOCALHOSTFULL" what parameter we need to use in instance profile  as in our case it is maintained as SAPLOCALHOST = hostname and it is distributed server with one central instance and one dialog instance.

Please suggest among these three parameters which parameter is highly recommended.

Regards,

Ganesh.

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ganesh,

SAPGLOBALHOST will have the hostname where ASCS or SCS is running.

SAPLOCALHOST will be where your PAS and AAS.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh.

Could you share the information.

1. In NW 7.4 portal will not supported dual stack.

2. To start the SUM tool are you using the SIDADM user id ?

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashutosh,

Thanks for helping out.The issue is resolved now, but I'm having doubt why it is not able to detect the JAVA instance?

Is it due to distributed system or any other profile parameter mismatch, because I have done the patch update for our PI environment which is also of distributed environment where we didn't face any issue.

@ Sriram

It is JAVA stack only

And I'm using SUM tool with SIDADM user only.

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ganesh,

This issue use to come , if you have not maintain the SAPLOCALHOST , SAPGLOBALHOST properly.

If you maintain the parameter value in small letter in one place and capital in other , then also you face the same issue.

Best way to this is

- type hostname

- you will get the hostname in capital or small letter.

Maintain the hostname in a similar way in SAPLOCALHOST and SAPGLOBALHOST.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Answers (0)