Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert on ESR/IB object modification

javier_alcubilla
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all

We are working on PI 7.31 and we have some critic objects that can be modified by different providers.

Do you know a way to create alerts on these objects when a modification is performed?

For example, if a receiver determination condition is added in an ICO, send an email to support@xxx.com

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

In ESR, you can subscribe for some types of objects (an option "Manage Subscription" in an object's context menu). When done so, if such an object gets modified or deleted, you (and other subscribers) will receive a notification e-mail. This functionality is not available for literally any ESR object: it is only available for interface objects (external definitions, data types and their enhancements, message types and fault message types, service interfaces, etc.), but not for other types of objects (mapping objects, imported objects, modeling objects, etc.). Using this functionality, you will also not be able to subscribe for a particular change, but you subscribe for an action type (for example, for all changes to an object, for its deletion). You can read more about this functionality at Managing Subscriptions - Managing Services in the Enterprise Services Repository - SAP Library.

In Integration Directory, this functionality is not available and I'm not aware of any analogous functionality available there.

Regards,

Vadim

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Javier,

I guess this is not possible.

You can restrict the access to avoid any changes done by developers,But I dont think you have alert mechanism for this.