cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMII 12.0 continued...

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP xMII 12.0 is powered by SAP NetWeaver Application Server (SAP NetWeaver AS).

In a typical xMII Enterprise Architecture this would mean Netweaver AS on each of the plant servers & the enterprise xMII server.

How would this change vis a vis xMII 11.5 -

1.The cost for the customer (because I assume it'll be as many licences for Netweaver as for xMII !)

2.The server configuration. Are the memory requirements same for Netweaver as are/were for IIS & Servlet Exec?

3.Going forward do you think one needs to develop Netweaver skills as well to be proficient with the new version?

Udayan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did install 11.5 then upgraded to 12.0 with Windows 2003 32-bit. I know SAP recommends 64-bit, but does anyone know it has become a requirement to be on a 64-bit OS?

erik_schrampf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Francis,

Netweaver 7.0 is supported on a 32 bit system for Windows. If you are wondering what other OS are supported check out the Product Availability Matrix (PAM) on Service Marketplace https://service.sap.com/pam. You will need login rights to access this.

Erik

former_member192029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Answer to your question 2: System configuration

Processor

dual processor recommended; 1.8 GHz or faster

RAM

For 1-10 Concurrent Users : 512 MB

For 11-100 Concurrent Users : 1024 MB

For 101-500 Concurrent Users: 4096 MB

For 501+ Concurrent Users: 8192 MB

Operating System

Windows 2003 Server -or- Windows 2000 Professional with Service Pack 4 or greater

Web Server Software

IIS 6.x or 5.x

Java Virtual Machine

Sun JSDK 1.4.2_07

File System

NTFS

You can refer the same from

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b7c79bd4-0a01-0010-4caf-bfb...

Cheers

Jawahar Govindaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jawahar,

The question was for 12.0 and not 11.5 and stop copying stuff from the help for God's sake!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Udayan,

You have identified some significant questions.

We are struggling with learning how to use the UME to define roles without usurping Basis rights for all other role definitions.

The addition of netweaver to replace IIS results in a significant increase in total installation time, memory use, and disk space.

My advice would be to not make any plans for migration until you have a test system running in-house and have worked out where and how you will involve local basis, netweaver, and security folks to get your xMII instance(s) running.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the advice buddy!

I guess its a struggle initially with any software which is undergoing significant change and I think its just a matter of time after which you guys will be fine . I guess it needs some time to stabilize and thats the reason for the delay to release it to the market.

This makes people like yourself all the more important coz your feedback will help decide when the product is actually ready for the market (I assume you are part of a ramp up).

All the Best and keep the feedback coming!

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. WebAS is included in the xMII license fee

2. Memory requirements are higher (recommended 4GB), but this is a trivial cost with today's RAM prices.

3. Not NetWeaver, but some basic WebAS administrator skills would be helpful.

- Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udayan,

I can try answering your 3rd question:

If one is proficient with xMII 11.5 then he won't find much difficulty in 12.0.

In xMII 12.0 there is a single SAP xMII workbench, which consists of transaction editor, Query Templates and Display Templates.and even the look & feel is like the standard SAP screen.

For things like xMII - XI integration, you have in-built action block.

Regards

Anil

P.S Please Reward points for the useful answers