Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LMDB Verification failed with "Cannot recognize product instance ..."

former_member246431
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

i have problems to maintain a system in the LMDB. The verification check ends with "Cannot reocgnize product instance SAP NETWEAVER AS ABAP 7.1 - Application Server ABAP:

I know it is installed its our SLD and a pretty small System.

It's a dual Stack System and the Java part shows errors as well.

I deleted the technical System and Product System and createt a new one in LMDB and synchronised it with SLD: The SLD ist up to date.

Does anyone have an idea why the LMDB says there is no SAP NETWEAVER 7.1 on my ABAP System even if it is one

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member246431
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have found the problem. The proposed Product instance were incorrect it is a Netweaver PI 7.1.

So we had to ignor the proposed Product instances and assign via free text.

After this the verification finished succesfull.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lukas,

Can you please check following SAP note:-

1721112 - Product System Verification Messages in the LMDB

I hope this helps you.

Regards

Anand

former_member246431
Participant
0 Kudos

Not really, but thanks for the reply !!!

following error occurs:

ERROR: Cannot recognize product instance X-Y.

The product instance that cannot be recognized is currently assigned to the product system. At least one software component is listed in the SAP software catalog for this product instance, but it is not marked as installed on the related technical system.

There can be four root causes:

• The product instance is wrongly assigned to the product system.
      Unassign the product instance and repeat the verification. If the verification suggests an appropriate product instance, assign it and run the verification again. If no appropriate product instance is suggested, contact SAP about the right product instance assignment. Create a ticket on component SV-SMG-MIP. -> If i unassign the Product instance there is no product instance left. And SAP NETWEAVER AS ABAP 7.1 is the only proposal.

• The missing software component(s) are installed, but not registered in SLD and LMDB.
      Do not add installed software components manually if the technical system automatically registered itself in SLD and LMDB. Only if the complete technical system information was entered manually, also enter the missing, installed software manually. Manual creation of system information in LMDB is very error-prone and not recommended by SAP, except it is explicitly requested.
      If none of the following, known exceptions applies, create a ticket on component BC-CCM-SLD: -> They are registered in SLD and LMDB

• Exception 1: SAP CRM 4.0 Java software components, which are designed for customer modification. If such software components are deployed, no meta data is written into the system repository and therefore these software components are not registered in the SLD. Because the product system verification excludes this kind of software components, the missing SLD data are compensated in this case.
      Exception 2: SAP NETWEAVER 04 - EP Core does not register software component EP-PSERV 6.0_640 because it is not installed with an SCA but as a bundle of Development Components. Ignore the verification result in this particular case.
    • The SAP software catalog is not correct.
      If the above root causes can be excluded, contact SAP about the missing software component(s). Create a ticket on component SV-SMG-MIP. -> Maybe but in SLD Software Catalog the Software is available.

It's very odd, verification says to unassign the Product Instance, I unassign it, run the check again and the verification says i should assign it again. Never ending Story.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lukas,

Please check following discussion.

1865686 - Product system verification: Product instance not included

I hope this provides some insight

Regards

Anand