cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection setup activated time in material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In QMAT table I can able to get list of inspection type selected against the material and other parameters but I am not able to get selected time. Let me know from which table I will be able to get inspection type selection in (material master) date and time?

Kindly share your knowledge on this.

Regards / US

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

QMAT changes (i.e. changes down within the inspection type settings), can sometimes not be captured in the material master change records.  (i.e. Enviornment --> Display changes or MM04).

In our system I make a change to avg inspection duration for an 01 inspection type and that is reflected in MM04.  So we would need to know more about exactly what you are looking for.

If you use QA08 to make changes, make sure the "create change records" is ticked on.  you can run QA08 and not create change records which some people like for the initial loading of a new system.  By default, this value is off unfortunately.

Craig

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Craig

I wasn't aware of this feature!! Thanks for sharing your experience and enriching this content.

Now coming back to the original query - I believe apart form these misses, rest all can be captured well by the above two propositions, as I checked it and that is working well for me. Please correct me if my understanding is not correct.

Thanks once again,

Arijit

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi US,

There are lots of threads in SCN explaining this and I believe quite some of them should be useful. For example -

1. Tx AUT10 - Answer suggested by Shiva [Change History of Material master classificatio... | SCN]

2. Tables table CDHDR and CDPOS - Answer suggested by Jürgen [Table stores the history of  material change | SCN]

Thanks to all seniors answered the above threads!!

I have checked both the feedback for QMAT relevant changes, and looks OK to me. The 1st one is straightforward and you can run the transaction and it works.

For the 2nd proposal, you can try the below -

1st table:

CDHDR-OBJECTCLAS = MATERIAL.... [Hard Code]

CDHDR-OBJECTID = add material number you wish to see the history

CDHDR-TCODE = MM02

==> You get change history, dates, time, Appl.obj.change indicator [CHANGE_IND = U/I/E/D/J]

2nd Table:

CDPOS-OBJECTCLAS = MATERIAL.... [Hard Code]

CDPOS-CHANGENR = CDHDR-CHANGENR

CDPOS-CHNGIND = CDHDR-CHANGE_IND

==> You get the field name FNAME which was last changed.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arijit,

Whatever MM04 (material master changes) transaction is displaying same thing is there in CDHDR and CDPOS table and it is not showing exact changes which is done in quality tab (material master). I need to know were to see the changes which is done.

Regards / US

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi US,

Please can you share the screenshot for what field you wish to see but it's is not coming? I have tested the propositions successfully by making change in the field 'Manual Sample Calculation', for an inspection type, added to material master - QM view, and I am getting it successfully by using the combination of CDHDR and CDPOS, by the logic I have shown you.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arijit,

Thanks for your reply

In the inspection type if we make any changes on parameters then it is getting captured in CDPOS but system is not capturing on inspection type selection.

Ex: In the material master, I am selecting inspection type 01 and once it is saved in CDHDR table system is generating the change document but in CDPOS against the document the old and new value field is blank and I don't know what changes has been made by looking the data.

Is there is other way to identify inspection type selection date and time.?

holger_hartung
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi US,

could you please explain, what do you mean with selected time? (screenshot, field name, ...)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Holger,

When I select inspection type in material master and saves it there is no change history getting in transaction MM04. Normally material master change history can be seen in MM04 transaction. Is there is any transaction or table were i can able to see when the inspection type has been selected with date and time?

Regards / US