cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help in Splitting records

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am Getting 1 lack records in one Message from ECC system but i have to split those records into 10 Messages and each message containing 10,000 records.

The receiver system is some kind of webservice system.

I need to split those messages in Mapping level.

Kindly help to achieve this requirement.

Thanks,

Raghava.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghava,

You can do the split in mapping but best practice is to split at the sender side, if possible why dont you split the message in ECC side, The preferable message size in PI is 5MB si if you have large message better to split in source side.

Check section 8 in below document.

In case of large messages, a split has to be performed

by changing the sender processing or by using the split functions available in the structure conversion of the

File adapter.

Regards,

Praveen.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Praveen in a similar scenario i split the message in the ABAP code doing n calls, even this N number i had it parametrized in ABAP, in this way i can have different number of calls depending of the environment and the size of the concrete business record.

Regards.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

juan_vasquez2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Use multimapping

Multi-Mappings - Managing Services in the Enterprise Services Repository - SAP Library

you can use UDF to define n root elements, and use x elements in each of the root created

Can use this sample

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90dcc6f4-0829-2d10-b0b2-c892473f1...

v_saranya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raghava,

Please try below chunk mode option in Sender CC. we can't give record based but we can give memory size based spiltting.

Thanks & Regards,

V.Saranya

0 Kudos

Thank you Praveen and Inaki Vila for your help.

I will check with ABAP person regarding this.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos