cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After making changes in header WBS, the change should be reflect in sub level wbs and activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a query and need your assistance to solve the problem, my scenario is

Case 1: I have first created the project with WBS, networks and activities, project profile having overhead key which is reflecting in header WBS, sub level WBS and activities.

Case 2: Now my current requirement is, when i am changing or removing the overhead key from header WBS, i am not getting any change of overhead key in sub WBS or activities, due to this i have to make changes manually to all sub level WBS andactivities.

Kindly give solution if available.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

I dont think it will get updated in this way. Each WBS elements can plan different role like different project type etc.

You can use CNMASS for mass change of fields in WBS elements

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply, by using CNMASS we can change for WBS elements only, but i need to change for all the WBS and activities.

Any help would be appreciated.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

In standard option, Network and Activities gets the Overhead key from WBS elements.

May be that is the reason SAP did not have have the option for Mass Change.

If you need that, then try to create an LSMW for the same, which may be quick and easy to do. Also make sure you update correct fields, as these things will not give error message without validation in place.

Also please consider below notes from SAP, as the CNMASS cannot be performed for all fields

323246 - Selectable fields in mass change

407407 - Advice: Mass change of project objects

Regards

Terence

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Murali,

Have you thought about using a Substitution (which can be run automatically on saving a project) to change fields in one object (WBS-element, activity) dependent on the field content in another object?

TA OPSN

Best regards,
Gerald.