Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS Alert to be configured for errors captured in PI

former_member323756
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working on PI 7.31 dual stack. The requirement is to send error notifications for a critical interface to the users via sms from SAP PI.

We have email notifications to same set of users configured through ALRTCATDEF  already in place.

I have added the Short Text (SMS/Pager) in ALRTCATDEF T code.

In addition, I have also checked the SMS checkbox in Personalization -> Time Independent Delivery

I believe we also need to do some settings in SCOT transaction.

-We have SMTP node configured there. I can see an option to select SMS there.

-Also there is an option of configuring HTTP node in SCOT transaction which can also be used to send SMS.

Can anyone please explain the difference between both settings. What is the utility of them both?

Also I need to know if there is any other settings for enabling SMS alerts for PI errors for a specific critical interface.

Regards,

Shikha Chaudhary

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member323756
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghuraman for the quick response.

But the thread you shared does not say much about SMS related configurations.These were only very basic steps which I have already done.

I need inputs mainly for SMS configurations ( where the SMS gateway etc related details need to be maintained).

Regards,

Shikha Chaudhary

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shika,

With these steps did you try and check whether SMS alerts are triggered?

former_member323756
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Raghu. I checked it and that is why I mentioned that the settings so far seems incomplete.

Regards,

Shikha

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shikha,

Have you checked this notes 455142 - SAPconnect: Configuration paging/SMS via HTTP and the notes related inside?

Regards

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shika,

Refer the notes shared by Inaki and als the below link

SMS to Mobile using sap XI | SCN