cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CJV4 - SAP Message No. CN619 - Control Key Not Available For Costs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day,

Recently my parent company created new internal rates and assigned new Work Cntr's to these rates under the same Control Key (PS01). However when we do the budget planning of internal hours (ZHM) and upload these into the network and re-calculate costs and try and update the version we get an Error Message No.CN619.

The odd part is that the same Work Centers under that exact same control key updated 6 out of 7 projects perfectly fine. The error message is only produced under 1 project. I have deleted the activity and re-created it and as far as I can tell I have done absolutely nothing different in this project then in any of the others however the error is produced no mater what I do.

Any idea's? or do you require some additional information?

I am out of idea's

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dustin,

Message shows that Control key for General Cost Activity is not valid.

might be you have activated "Gen Cost Act" in PS01/PS02 etc.

please check and confirm.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for the reply.

From what I can see there is no difference between the two projects when I get the detailed information for the Control Key.

Again the same Work Center is being used in relation to the same Control Key on two separate projects, however CJV4 isnt working. This leads me to believe that it is something at the project level possibly in the network? or when the project was created.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do all of the Network Activities on the different projects have the same plant?  Workcenters are plant specific.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep,

Plant is the same

Not sure if this helps but on the project working correctly the activity system status is:

CNF(Confirmed), MCNG (Manually confirmed), REL (Released), SETC (Settlement rule created)

Where on the one where it isnt working correctly it is just:

REL and SETC

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does the network profile have all the same control keys?  Check Activities under OPS4.

And Control Key on that Activity has a check next to Cost?

New projects are working fine?  Since it looks like it is a database inconsistency try changing the Control Key on that Activity to something else, Save, Cost, Change control key back, Save, Cost.

Or delete the activity and recreate with a different activity number.  I have seen strange behavior when deleting activities then recreating the same activity, it was like the activity was never deleted.

Worst case, delete the activity, then create a new network header on that project and use it for the new activity.

One off problems are a bear to trouble shoot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

From what I can tell from the outside all networks for internal costs use the same control keys. Unfortunately I don't have the authorization for OPS4 and as you can likely tell my help desk is being less than helpful with the resolution of this issue.

I'm not to sure how to check if the acitivty has a check next to cost, is this done in the OPS4 tcode?

The new projects are working fine and I have done the change/delete option, however that didnt work either....

I guess I could try and creating a new WBS element and seeing if that will help.

Thanks for the help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

So I deleted all the new activities so all that remained were the old ones with had previous hours and costs booked and tried to create a version from those and the errors still persist.

However this time in the details it says

Method: Update

Object Type: Network Activity

Object:

Where as before it always had an activity number from one of the ones associated to the new work centers in the Object: field

So maybe this has nothing to do with the Work Center / Control Key relationship.

Any other ideas on what it may be?