Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDF concept in mapping

banersu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have encountered an UDF issue .The output of that should have come 0 but it is coming somethiing else..

Now I have checked the logic of UDF like below and not able to understand what it means:

Return(Mandatoryerrorfields.size());

Now,I wonder there is no such input field that the UDF is taking and there is no such field called 'MandatoryError Fields' in the source messge type as well as in the code.

so what it refers?how the UDF is getting the size of MandatoryErrorFields?

Is it any attribute of container class.

Pls can anyone explain me how the value will be populated as there is no such fields named it.

Thanks,

Suparna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

banersu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have found there is another UDF in the same message mapping which sets the value of the arraylist MandatoryErrorFields .]

Thanks experts for your guidance ..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suparna,

In addition to Hareesh suggestions,can you check if there are any Function Libraries being used? If no, then open the mapping go to the Functions tab and see if there is any coding initialized in Init or Attrib/methods.

Thanks!

banersu
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks fpor your suggestion.

I have checked the coding in the int methods and found that the arraylist Mandatoryerrorfields is being initialized.

There is also a function libarary in the used function library tab .

can you please  guide me how the value will be populated in the UDF.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Suparna,

Give the coding in the init function here. We need to see the code to say what is happening.

thnx

banersu
Participant
0 Kudos

List MandatoryErrorFields = new ArrayList();

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>so what it refers?how the UDF is getting the size of MandatoryErrorFields?

This is not a standard function/variable  as such. MandatoryErrorFields might e an array list.

Do you any external java classes imported? you can find this under archives used.