Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW Infopackage security Display only

ssurampally
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am a BW developer and  trying to understand the security defined by SAP for BW info package, I am using the Authorization object S_RS_ADMWB for maintaining the security for infopackage,  activity 03 - Display,  activity  23 - maintain. I have selected only 03, so that it should only display and can't be changed.

After moving this change to production, I can't display the infopacakge, it is failing with authorization check for missing activity 23 in SU53. So my question is an infopackage should always contain activity 23 in order to just display it also?

Please let me know from your experience, I have found any information on SAP forums or help link.

Thanks

Sreekanth

4 REPLIES 4

former_member1351727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekanth,

It should sufficient to give access to infopackage.

But to be sure how was it tested in Development system, if it was the issue then it should through an error in Dev system itself

Just try to check in Dev system and check the test user authorizations.

It may give some idea .

Vani

ssurampally
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,  What should I ideally give, just to display the info package?,  selecting 03 activity is not enough, I can't display the infopackage with this. it is asking for missing 23 activity when I tried to display it. Can you please confirm me that, both activities are required for display of the object.

I am assuming that, this object does not have the option of having only display with security control.

Thanks

Sreekanth

ssurampally
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,  Does anyone have experience on the BW infopackage security? can you please share your opinion..

0 Kudos

Hi Sreekanth,

Authorization object S_RS_ADMWB is mainly used when you are doing BW Admin activities in RSA1. When you are executing RSA1 it checks authorization object S_RS_AMDWB with activity 16 which means execute and then you can rely on activity 03 for display.

Since you are trying to understand how infopackage can be restricted with display only then you need t ensure below authorization objects with activity 03 is maintained. It allows view access to Info Cube, Info Object, Info Object Catalog, Info Set, Info Source.

S_RS_ICUBE

S_RS_IOBJ

S_RS_IOBC

S_RS_ISET

S_RS_ISNEW/S_RS_ISRCM/S_RS_ISOUR

I hope this may help you to set up display access.

Thanks,

Shiv