cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracing IGS connection used

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have installed new NW2004s system and are finding out that our graphic fonts are not coming as they should. We use an external IGS windows based server. I know that while installing new 2004s system a new UNIX based IGS is automatically installed.

Can anybody tell me how I can trace which IGS server the system is using?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First check out this file for the port number of igs.

\usr\sap\<SID>\JC00\igs\conf\igs.xml

then

http://(hostname):(igsport)

Reward points if useful

Thanks

srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

The port number is fine. We already have a RFC dest to the windows server. The graphs shown in BW reports are coming discolored and I need to find out whether its using the UNIX IGS or windows.

The output of the igs.xml can be also found out by running report:

GRAPHICS_IGS_ADMIN and here is the output

<?xml version="1.0" ?>

- <IGSCONFIGURATION version="1.0">

<TRACELEVEL>0</TRACELEVEL>

- <MUX ip="bvltstigs02" port="3290">

<LISTENERRFC programid="IGS.bvltstigs02" gwhost="skoufax.conocophillips.net" gwservice="sapgw84" recontime="60" />

<LISTENERRFC programid="IGS.bvltstigs02" gwhost="ryan.ppco.com" gwservice="sapgw85" recontime="60" />

<LISTENERRFC programid="IGS.bvltstigs02" gwhost="ruth.ppco.com" gwservice="sapgw82" recontime="60" />

<LISTENERRFC programid="IGS.bvltstigs02" gwhost="saleen.conocophillips.net" gwservice="sapgw82" recontime="60" />

<LISTENERRFC programid="IGS.bvltstigs02" gwhost="cmathewson.conocophillips.net" gwservice="sapgw81" recontime="60" />

<LISTENERRFC programid="IGS.bvltstigs02" gwhost="gibson.ppco.com" gwservice="sapgw83" recontime="60" />

<LISTENERRFC programid="IGS.bvltstigs02" gwhost="cyyoung.conocophillips.net" gwservice="sapgw86" recontime="60" />

<LISTENERRFC programid="IGS.bvltstigs02" gwhost="ryan.ppco.com" gwservice="sapgw88" recontime="60" />

<LISTENERRFC programid="IGS.bvltstigs02" gwhost="jmarichal.conocophillips.net" gwservice="sapgw89" recontime="60" />

<LISTENERRFC programid="IGS.bvltstigs02" gwhost="haaron.conocophillips.net" gwservice="sapgw89" recontime="60" />

<LISTENERRFC programid="IGS.bvltstigs02" gwhost="gbrett.conocophillips.net" gwservice="sapgw87" recontime="60" />

<LISTENERHTTP port="8030" />

</MUX>

<PORTWATCHER port="3291" loadfactor="3" />

<PORTWATCHER port="3292" loadfactor="3" />

<PORTWATCHER port="3293" loadfactor="3" />

</IGSCONFIGURATION>

kai_gutenkunst
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

use the report GRAPHICS_IGS_ADMIN to see information about the IGS connected to your system.

If you need more information (IP address, platform) use transaction sm59 and check the RFC destionation IGS_RFC_DEST (look for 'target system').

Please also note that only IGS 6.40 uses igs.xml. IGS 7.00 is configured via the systems profile parameters.

Regards, Kai