cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content-Id format in SOAP request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am attempting to send a SOAP message with attachment to a web service from XI. The web service is looking for a reference to the attachment name in the content-id. It is looking for content-id in the format 'name=uniqueId@somedomain.com'

As far as I know this is the standard format for referencing attachments. However XI is outputting the content-id in the format payload-uniqueId@sap.com. Is there anyway to modify this value?

These are the content mime settings for messages from XI...

Content-ID: <payload-06097d40ef5711dbac57001125c0007d@sap.com>

Content-Disposition: attachment;filename="ReqAttData.xml"

Content-Type: text/xml

Content-Description: ReqAttData

<?xml version="1.0" en............

Below is what my web service expects....

Content-Type: text/xml

Content-Id: <ReqAttData=b75685d2-1e30-46c0-99b9-ba700747bb5b@jaxrpc.sun.com>

<?xml version="1.0" e...

Any help would be appreciated.

I have tried the following settings in an adapter module but they don't set the Content-Id. There doesn't seem to be a method/function call to do this.

attachment.setName("ReqAttData");

attachment.setDescription("ReqAttData");

attachment.setContentType("text/xml");

Thanks,

Bryan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The web service we are trying to communicate with is a third-party service that we have no control over. This service requires the name of the attribute to be in the content id field.

See section 3.8 of the following link

http://www.ws-i.org/Profiles/AttachmentsProfile-1.0-2004-08-24.html

I seem to be able to set the name, description, contentType in the SOAP adapter module I have written - but I cannot set the content-Id.

Regards,

Bryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

To solve this problem I checked the 'Do not use SOAP Envelope' checkbox and constructed the complete SOAP request including soap mime headers in the format I required in an adapter module.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no statndard way to change the content-id for the attachment, neither with adapter modules nor with parameter settings.

This is the first time that I have heard about a request concerning the content-id. Can you describe the web servide in detailt? Is this a customer solution or a standard software?

Kind regards

Stefan