Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Debug in SAP EM

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to debug the TM-EM system.Both been run on the same system.The document are getting created successfully & the events are also being generated as configured.I need to debug the control parameter extractor,however even after setting external breakpoints at the ?SAPTRX/BAPI_EH_POST or at the expected event extractor or the control param FM.  The debugger is not triggering.

Kindly help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

please check the . I wrote a chapter there that gives hints how you can debug the extraction depending on your settings (e.g. DOA is running synchronous or asynchronous).

Best regards, Daniel

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I checked everything , unfortunately everything seems correct.Unable to debug.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Do you have appropriate Debug authorizations and are you able to debug any reports in your system?

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Even both systems are connected in same system, it would connect through RFC.

It may be because of login credential, the debugger may not stop at external breakpoints with your current user as RFC user is different with different user permission.

We had tried to debug from SAP ECC to SAP EM once when we had a similar issue, then we set current user and debugged.  Can you check this wiki Set External Breakpoints for ABAP Debugging - Duet Enterprise - SCN Wiki and External Break Point Not Triggering in Sap Crm ... | SCN

If it is still not resolved, could you show me screenshot.

regards

GGOPII

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu ,

If i manually use /h in event handler transaction , it goes into debugging.The issue seems something else.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Strange. Are you trying via NWBC or some other way? If yes, try different browser and clear cache.

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

I had checked external breakpoint both for my id & rfc user as well.Also checked the synchronous indicator in the Event Manager Config.Raised an OSS.Lets see.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

It's strange behavior and will not fall under SAP EM and it would be in SAP NW ABAP stack or Kernel Upgrade issue.

I just checked some OSS notes but I can find only match with your issue this SAP OSS note 1788514 - Authorization check when setting external breakpoints

or  2200135 - External breakpoint cannot be created

Update SAP NWABAP stack version in your SAP OSS message that will speed up the process to give you a solution.

Regards

GGOPII

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

The issue was due to the asynchronous direct output agent running in the system.

The answer follows:

Since the direct output agent is running asynchronously in an update task, you

have to enable #Update Debugging# in your debugger settings. To ensure

that the breakpoints work, you can set an additional break point in

some coding which is executed synchronously, for example in

/SCMTMS/CL_TOR_D_ROOT_BS-> /BOBF/IF_FRW_DETERMINATION~EXECUTE. (This

method is executed as soon as any change is made to a TOR object). If

the debugger window then pops up, you can enable #Update Debugging#

under Settings -> Change Debugger Profile/ Settings and save your

changes.

And then we need to maintain the FM's or methods we require the breakpoint.It will work.

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

this is exactly what I wrote in my first response - did you not check the recommended chapter in the Troubleshooting Guide: Integration of SAP TM and SAP EM – Best practices for root cause analysis. ?

Cheers, Daniel

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I didnt know how to check whether direct output agent is running asynchronously or not.My sincere apologies.

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, then I will add this information in the next version of the troubleshooting guide.

Best regards, Daniel