cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic translation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm about to start translating flavors in all of our target languages, but I wanted to know - whether there is no possibility to somehow automatize the process or do I really have to to it manually for every button, label, text field in the flavor?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dominik_ofenloch
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

with SP2 you have to use the Personas translation for all text elements. This tool doesn't offer you any proposal pool and no SE63 connection. We are currently investigating a change which would allow you to use SE63 in future for all Personas text elements. Then you should have access to all SE63 features as translation proposals.

Best regards,

Dominik Ofenloch

Personas ABAP Development Lead

PS: For simple text elements the translation using SE63 should already be working. Please check out the text tables /PERSONAS/CHNG_T and /PERSONAS/FLVRT using SE63.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

By automation, do you mean something like what the regular translation tool (SE63) is doing? With using the proposal pool and such?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Tamas, I mean something like that.  Because some screens contain loads of labels and text boxes with manually input text, also transaction button names, which need to be manually translated for every screen, so in the end this is so much work we should almost hire a full time translator, because we need system in 3 languages

That's why I'm trying to find out about some more convenient and fast ways to translate the flavors. or maybe there is some table we can export and then import in the system with translations?

Thanks