Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determining Network Status from Agentry

madan_km
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to know, do Agentry have any possibility of determining the Network Status.

When I say Network Status, I meant Client is on-line or Off-line. (Even the source of connectivity- mobile data or WiFi)

I want to develop a indicator (probably a image) representing the current network status in the Work Manger application.

What will be my best option?

Also, Is there any SDML tag that I can use for this requirement?

Regards

Madan KM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madan,

You can use OFFLINE function in Rule to determine if client is online or offline

Parameters: No parameters required to be passed to this function

Return: If used in Boolean context value, then it returns true if client is offline. Otherwise it returns true.

If used in integer context, it return non zero value in case client if offline. Otherwise it returns zero.

Regards,

Sahil Dudeja

madan_km
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

Thanks for the reply. That really helps a lot.

One final thing. Is there a way to determine the Source of the Connectivity.

I mean Mobile data or Wi-Fi

Regards

Madan KM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madan,

As I understand, this doesn't seem possible using Agentry definitions. But you can try checking the source of connectivity using OpenUI. You can consult any native app developer regarding the same to check the source of connectivity in native code using OpenUI.

Regards,

Sahil Dudeja

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will point out, if the client was connected, and lost connection.  This will show "online" aslong the the client is re-trying to connect.

Answers (0)