Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STAUTHTRACE error

surya_appala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to take trace for user using STAUTHTRACE T-Code (System wide Trace). But when I tried clicking on the Activate trace option, I am getting error saying "Trace is already active for another user" and is not allowing me to take trace.

Please help how to get rid of this situation. Thanks.

Regards,

Surya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

if you don't see it switched on in STAUTHTRACE for system wide then check ST01 or ST05 to see if switched on there. You will need to go to the specific app server in use

Trace files for these three transactions is the same file but different events are traced

6 REPLIES 6

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

if you don't see it switched on in STAUTHTRACE for system wide then check ST01 or ST05 to see if switched on there. You will need to go to the specific app server in use

Trace files for these three transactions is the same file but different events are traced

0 Kudos

HI

I checked in ST01 as well. But no trace is active. I have also selected all servers in STAUTHTRACE deactivated trace and tried activating it back still getting same error. Please help.

Regards,

Surya

0 Kudos

what about ST05?

0 Kudos

In ST05 also there is no active trace. Please suggest. Thanks.

0 Kudos

both ST01 and ST03 are application server specific

are you on the server with the active trace?

0 Kudos

I have logged into each App server through SM51 and deactivated ST05 one by one. Now it worked. Thanks Hebbert.