SAP for Industrial Manufacturing Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building smarter factories. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have lost my History in SAP, what to do?

0 Kudos

hello

I´m running SAP GUI 7.30 patch level 8

Suddenly all my history is gone I have checked my history configuration, amd it seems to be correct, see below

In the directory for Input History (on my computer) following files are located

They haven´t been updated since 2015-10-29

What is wrong?

What can I do to fix this?

Best Regards

Peter Sundberg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Dear Peter,

I think the most effective way is to delete or rename the history file under directory for input history and check the history will work again or not.

Best regards,

Xuejiao

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

This is a common question that comes up frequently in this forum. Have a look, for instance, at and . Please be aware that asking questions that have been asked (and answered) many times before can be a reason for moderators to remove the question. That said...

There was a problem with SAPGUI 7.30 in patch 5 that was solved in patch 6, but you're past that. However, that problem was related to Microsoft Office components that are required for the history function to work, and it is entirely possible that one of these is at fault. Have a look at these SAP Notes:

199527: Input history for SAP GUI for Windows

1899617: History: fallback to old MS Jet driver in 64 bit system

2238623: History: might not work after MS Office 365 or 2013 upgrade: 32-bit version of MS ACE is required!

Also, make sure you haven't inadvertently switched on "Low Speed Connection" as an option for your SAPLogon connection entry for the system. History doesn't work in this mode.

Finally, if your history files (on your PC) have become corrupt for some reason, you may need to delete the files and start afresh to get it working again. You'll lose the old history, of course, but it will work going forward. Instructions are in the forum threads and Notes listed for this.

Also, patch 8 is quite old. You should seriously consider updating the patch level of the SAPGUI.

Cheers,

Matt

0 Kudos

Hello Matt

Thanks for your quick answer

I will try to update my computer to SAP GUI 7.40 path level 4

have another computer with SAP GUI 7.40 / 4 where history works fine. Both my computers runs with office 365 and 64 bit OS

I will get back if this doesn´t help

BR

Peter

0 Kudos

Ok. Bear in mind that various of the patches for 7.30 beyond 8 also had corrections for input history. With regard to Office 365, have a look at Note 722513 (Desktop Office Integration: Maintenance information). There are some restrictions related to the variant of Office 365 that can work properly with SAPGUI. For instance, the "Online" version is not compatible for integration, and if you have the ProPlus version (locally installed), there are restrictions if you use "Click2Run" vs installing components up front.

Also, 64-bit Office requires higher patch levels on the GUI than 32-bit Office (note, this refers to Office only; using 64-bit Windows is perfectly fine and recommended, and does not require 64-bit Office; 32-bit Office is generally recommended for most (99%) scenarios, even on 64-bit Windows).

0 Kudos

Hello Peter

Please refer to below SAP note 2238623:

2238623 - History: might not work after MS Office 365 or 2013 upgrade: 32-bit version of MS ACE is required!

To continue to use SAP GUI Input History please apply the Microsoft KB article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2874601

As mentioned in this article, it is necessary to install the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable (attention:

32-bit version (AccessDatabaseEngine.exe) is required!) from:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255

Best Regards

Liang

0 Kudos

Dear Peter,

I think the most effective way is to delete or rename the history file under directory for input history and check the history will work again or not.

Best regards,

Xuejiao

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply

It works to rename existing history files. New files are created and History works again

Best regards

Peter