Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF60 Pull List IM/WM missing movement types

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

To All

I am in the process of setting up a separate storage location within one of our plants for production order planning.

I have read some great posts which have helped me configure stock determination rules and groups. However, I am a little stuck now and need some help please.

The production order demands have been created with the standard 261 movement for consumption in SLoc 0011. Our main warehouse is in SLoc 0001 and both are linked (i.e. 0011 and 0001 have same warehouse)

The storage type for the PSAs is standard of 100.

I have understood the Pull List process whereby on completion of our production order the material is backflushed and then removed from 0011 Sloc and storage type 100 bins.

Stock determination rule has been set up and the stock determination rule has been added to the MM MRP2 view.

However, when I run MF60 I do not get any materials appearing.

I have enough stock of all materials (6 materials for testing), PSA is set up along with control cycles.

I believe I am missing the movement type link somewhere in IMG. Can anyone suggest what I should be looking for?

Should I be adding something in OMLR with reference to the 261 movement or the 311 movement?

I'm nearly there, but need this last bit of assistance!

Thanks in advance

Darren

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please refer this discussion,

Transaction MF60 in the initial screen, you selected WM release order parts and selected a production supply area. In the 'Global settings', only the flag replenishment options should be selected.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Rupesh for response

I changed the Global settings in MF60 and entered the PSA and the materials came up which is a good start.

However, when I selected a material and staged it, it resulted in a posting change from the supply SLoc (0001) to the PSA SLoc (0011). I used LU04 to create the TO for the Posting Change number.

I was expecting (and want!) a TR that I can create the TO from in LB10 (My warehouse pick list) Then on delivery of material to PSA the TO is confirmed and then the stock appears in 0011 SLoc.

We are using discreet manufacturing as all orders created have variations.

My understanding is that:

A) Production order created and released

B) Run MF60 to pick stock for PSA from supply warehouse in SLoc 0001

C) Stage the materials with stock - TR created

D) Convert TR to TO using LB10 which will generate my pick list

E) Confirm TO when goods delivered to PSA. Stock now appears in SLoc 0011 in storage type 100 and in PSA line side storage bin.

Have I got the basics correct?

I dont want posting changes. This is why I any unsure if my WM-PP movement types are wrong or missing

Thanks again for assistance Rupesh. Can you assist further?

Regards

Darren

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Darren,

As I know your steps are correct, Use LB13 for TO creation by using report RLLQ0100  you can do the TO and confirmation. I don't think any thing missing for WM-PP interface.

Refer KBA 1486422 - How to determine why a WM movement type is being selected.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

System creating PCN because both storage location belongs to same warehouse.

you can get TR, if PSA is not a WM managed location. using MF60 material documents get posted from wm sloc to psa location which generates TR and further can create T.O to move goods from warehouse.

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately I do not get the TO to process.

The stock appears instantly in SLoc 0011 but shows in the same warehouse storage type and storage bin.

I'm expecting the stock to end up in the production storage bin defined in the control cycles.

Looks like I;m missing config that ensures a TO is created from the TR.

Any ideas?

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you assigned movement type 319 to Production Supply Area?

LP12 or MF60 to perform material staging of release order parts.

In this case, a transfer requirement (TR) is created. You can convert the TR into a transfer order (TO)

Customizing that all stocks within the production storage type are to be posted to the production storage location (V_T320A-LGORT). If production supply area (PSA) is assigned to this storage location.

Please review SAP note 560638 - FAQ on the WM-PP interface

and SAP help link

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/c6/f8412f4afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Rupesh

Sorry to keep asking the questions but I have read all of the notes and may have found a missing field. Can you assist again?

I'm sure I have to enter something in the 'DLTy.' field. I am not using delivery notes to stage.

(copied from another feed)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Delivery type should be WMPP.

For each WIP and staging indicator, you specify whether the picking requirement is created as a transfer requirement or a delivery. If you choose delivery creation here, you need to enter the delivery type and the goods recipient. In the SAP standard system, there is a default delivery type "WMPP" for this.

Also check this setup

Best Regards ,

R.Brahmankar

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you again for your assistance and apologies for such a long thread! However, I wanted to confirm to you my config. PSA and Control cycles have been set up OK as I have worked with these before. My issue is that I am still getting 311 movements with a posting change to process when I stage using MF60.

We do not use delivery note processes or batch. The production order has been created with std 261 mvt as shown in RESB.

Here are some screenshots to show my config. Whats missing or incorrect?

Supplying warehouse is W01. Plant is 1000 for both warehouse Sloc 0001 and Production Sloc 0011

I realise I am making a big ask in requesting your help and understand if I may have gone a bit too far. But you assistance would be greatly appreciated

Kind regards

Darren

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Delivery type WMPP is not required as you are looking for TR

Can I request you to check the TR setting in production scheduling profile.(Screenshot pasted below)

also would appreciate if you can share the step by step process for MF60 as to the best of my knowledge MF60 is for staging. I am still not able to visualize how it is crating material document automatically and then PCN which option / button you select at MF60

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In customization of Material Staging > Define control data for Pull list, only movement type 311 is applied for the plant or V_158B_VC as only that movement type is supported for pull list in standard.

In the production scheduling profile, the transfer requirement with order release is not set.

Material staging indicator 3 staging of the components is explicitly carried out in a separate transaction (LP12) for all production orders in a specific production supply area.

Use Transaction LP12 to execute the material staging with reference to the production supply area.

Automation of the material staging is only possible for pick parts, therefore, for order-related material staging. You can make the appropriate settings for this in the production scheduling profile. You can trigger material staging during the order release (WM request = X) in OPKP, but also convert the created transfer requirement immediately into the transfer order (WM request = 1)

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Morning Manesh

I have removed the WMPP as suggested and the setting you showed in the production schedule profile was the same as I current have.

My MF60 steps are:

Global settings

0011 is my production storage location and SY3 is mt PSA with all of the associated control cycles created.

EXECUTE

I then click on 'Stage' then SAVE

Material document created

MB51 shows

LU04

LS24

Once PCN posted LS24 shows the stock in 0011 production SLoc but in the same WH bin. I was expecting it to be in the PSA bin as defined in the control cycle with storage type 100

I understand that 319 mvt is standard but do I need to link it in some way with the 311 mvt?

Again your help would be appreciated

Regards

Darren

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

A very good morning to you Rupesh

I have finally fixed the issue!!

Thank you so much for all of your help and assistance. I have learnt/understood quite a lot over the last few days.

My error was to have the incorrect settings in the Storage Location Control. I had to ensure that my 'stock' SLoc was set as the standard and that the Production Sloc was not to be copied. I also dropped the Stage by Sloc from MF60.

Settings that corrected my issue

LE/WM/Interfaces/IM/Define Storage Location Control - Assignment

LE/WM/Interfaces/IM/Define Storage Location Control - Control

MF60

Once materials were staged in MF60 it created TRs (I need to work on combining them in to just 1 TR instead of individual lines per material) in LB10 that I was able to process. The TR looked only in 0001 warehouse bins for the stock to stage with a destination of storage type 100 and the control cycle production bins. On confirming the TO stock showed in storage type 100 but in 0011 SLoc which is spot on!

So, thanks again for all your help

Kind regards

Darren

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Darren,

Thanks a lot for updated info.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is the error message you are getting, since you mentioned that during MF60 you are getting this error the setting for movement type 319 should be in place

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Not so much a system error but a process one.

When I process the material staging in MF60 a material document is created and the stock is immediately from (Plant/Sloc/Warehouse/Storage type/Storage bin) 1000/0001/W01/WA/bin1 to 1000/0011/W01/bin1.

The movement type in the mat doc is 311. I am expecting a TR to be created following the MF60 staging so that I can pick from warehouse W01 and then on delivery to the 0011 PSA SLoc I confirm it in to a PSA bin in storage type 100.

I understand that Sloc to Sloc will create a PCN but I was under the impression that as I have set up a separate SLoc for production I had to link to current warehouse so that I can create Production supply bins where I would locate the production stock (as defined in the control cycle)

Do I need to define a new movement type? A copy of 319? As I'm sure I'm missing the movement type link somewhere.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

would appreciate if you can share the screenshot with process step which you are following as I am unable to visualize the material document creation at MF60, to my knowledge it should create TR(MvT 319)  and then you need to convert that TR to TO

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

My material document created a posting change

I am expecting a TR/TO not a PCN

Should I make a new movement type (a copy of 311) and have the dest as storage type 100 and select the dynamic bin tick box. I understand that the dynamic bin would be the production order and the 100 is the correct storage type for the production replenishment.

As a reminder i have configured a Production SLoc using the same plant and warehouse as our main stock SLoc. i.e. plant 1000, sloc 0001, w/h W01 is our main stores and production have bene added as plant 1000, SLoc 0011, w/h W01