Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP to SFTP

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario need to be developed...am new to PI 7.31(Single Stack) version...my requirement is the client placing the 2 different CSV files in FTP which need to be picked up and placed into SFTP. with out any mapping.

FTP is my company location and SFTP is client location.

So for this scenario for FTP and SFTP should I create Business components? and how to do pass through message mapping?and do I need to use PGP keys?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

Its simple.

Configure one FTP channel for sender side and maintain the FTP details and you can use exclusion mask to pick from multiple directories

For Receiver configure SFTP get the server finger print from Client also two modes of authentication possible, Key and password based

And you have many links shared by experts.

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The two source files i need to pick is daily.csv and weekly.csv, now in the target side the file need to be daily_yyyymmdd.csv and weekly_yyyymmdd.csv?the receiver is sftp.

and should we specify complete shared folder path in directory field?

Thanks.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

If your picking both the files from the same directory.Try the below config

You can refer the below link as well

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/404ee507-3fbc-2e10-00bc-be90ab28d...

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Vijay,

Eng Swee Yeohhas developed a module to set dynamically the folder (receiver side):

You can ask him if his module can work with the SFTP adapter

I edit because his scenario 2 is with SFTP!, Eng is a really the number one with his developments!

Regards.

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

my doubt is I need to add date stamp in receiver sftp for the two files which i picked. how?

input files daily.csv and weekly.csv

output files daily_yyyymmdd.csv and weekly_yyyymmdd.csv.

Thanks.

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok I got it...

"&http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/File/FileName&"_"&GetDateTime("yyyyMMdd")&".csv"

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay, For your scenario try configuring the SFTP withoput any keys and establish a connection to the SFTP server with the username and password shared by the client. Some servers will not have any additional authentication and it should work. If that fails you can install client server certificates in PI to establish the SFTP connection. Any issues there will be an exception mentioned in the logs. As it is just picking and placing the file it should make the scenario not complex. The below links might be helpful for you ;

1692819 - FAQ: PI SFTP Adapter

- Muru

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Yes you can do this without mapping , its left to your development standard whether to create business system or business component the scenario works with both.

for creating by-pass scenario :

you can use PGP keys if  you client is requesting for encryption / decryption.

Br,

Manoj

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I am getting the following error in the communication channel:

Enter a value for attribute "Server fingerprint"

Thanks.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Enter "*" under server finger print field to bypass the finger print validation or get this information as explained under below blog.