Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining RBA and CTP

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We have a requirement in our client that we need to combine RBA and CTP.

Here is the scenario,

We have 2 plants - Plant A and Plant B

Plant A produces the product X

Plant B is not producing - but have some stock of the product X for sales

When we create a sales order for product X in Plant A, it has to check stock at both locations.

If stock is not available enough, then it has to start the production of the remaining quantity in plant A.

I setup location determination in RBA and I am able to see the stock from the other plant B and promise based on it.

However, I am not able to trigger CTP for the remaining quantity in Plant A from sales order- that remains unconfirmed.

When I set up the location determination activity with 'Availability Check and then production', it is not considering the stock from the other location, instead it is trying to produce the whole quantity in the production location. I tried with today's date and future date - nothing works as expected.

My check instruction has both RBA and CTP active.

Any pointer on this issue would be really appreciated. Thanks for your help and let me know if any more details required.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manoj_gaikwad
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Manimaran,

Have you tried using "Start Immediately" setting in Check instruction for RBA. That way your substitution check will always take place first and then the call should go to CTP.

Let me know if you are still having issues with this setting as well.

Regards,

Manoj

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, my check instruction has the start immediately setting and I am still having the issue.

Please let me know if you have any other ideas.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

What is the "Time of Production" field value in Checking Instructions? Can you paste a screenshot of your Checking Instruction here?

Best Regards

Parth Soneji

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

Here is the check instruction for my scenario

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I found one thing that when the CTP is active at both locations (PP planning procedure 3) for the product, it is always trying to produce it in the first location- though there is stock in another location. However, if I have CTP active on only one location - for example in the alternate location only, then it considers the stock from first location and then starts production in the alternate location for the remaining quantity.

I am not sure if it is a right behavior.

Even if CTP is active at both locations, if stock is available at both or alternate location, it supposed to promise from the stock using the RBA, before it starts production at the production location using CTP. Basically, I wanted to achieve the sequence of RBA first and then CTP.
Any pointer to this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

manoj_gaikwad
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Manimaran,

Your requirement can be achieved easily using Location determination Activity, only thing you have to create a rule identifying at which location you would like to Produce, you cant have in one ATP check goods getting produced from two location, right !.

SO the business is ok to start production from the last location checked in the Rule, you need to simply assign location determination activity to that while defining your rule in //RBA04.

Note: You may have to switch off Start production setting in your Check Instruction, and completely rely on RBA to trigger CTP.

Thanks,

Manoj Gaikwad

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Thanks for the reply.

When the production is allowed at both locations, then the location determination activity directly tries to produce in the first location only, instead of first looking for the stock from the second location. Since location determination activity is assigned for the combination of the locations, it is trying to call for both locations.

Please let me know if you have any other ideas.Thanks.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

manoj_gaikwad
Participant
0 Kudos

I didn't get what you mean by activity is assigned to both location, You can assign activity to only one location too. To  have a clear picture can you please put a careen shot of Location determination tab in Rule where you have assigned the Activity ?

Thanks,

Manoj Gaikwad

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Please find below the location determination screen shot.

manoj_gaikwad
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Manimaran,

It seems you are using Fan-Shaped  procedure type for location determination, You need to use Procedure type 0 - Substitution Chain. Which will provide you an option to enter activity per plant.

Regards,

Manoj Gaikwad.

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I found a way to acheive this by having 2 different rules called in the following sequence.

1. Rule 1 - will not use any CTP- but only location determination

2. Rule 2 - will be called if there is still a remaining quantity to be promised and CTP is active in this case.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Answers (0)