cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we remove status INSP from Inspection lot ?

ravi_bhushan2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can we put the status of inspection lot  to REL from INSP ? I dont want to put the status CRTD then to REL because we have interface to
GLIMS system.

Thanks

Ravi Bhushan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Standard SAP config do not allow the status INSP to reset to REL.Neither system allows direclt to move from CRTD to INSP.

But why would you like to put back the status to REL from INSP ??

ravi_bhushan2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

I need to reprocess an IDoc. But IDoc will not be successfuly posted till the lot has status INSP.

Thanks

Ravi Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess ,you want to say IDoc will not be successfully posted till the lot has status REL( & not INSP)

No ,its not possible.

I think you should make provision wherein system will process the IDOC and overwrite the results even in INSP stage.

or

Create new inspection lot.

There is no other way !

Regards

Sujit

ravi_bhushan2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit ,

Even i think so.

Nope, we can not create new inspection lot. We have a long and very complicated process to be followed.

Thanks

Ravi Bhushan

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I think Sujit has a very valid point, you should seriously consider. Please can you copy the Existing IDoc and create a new Idoc with the same properties, and process it. This should overwrite the results. Let me know if this is not a feasible option for fixing your business issue.

Thanks,

Arijit

ravi_bhushan2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit ,

I tried to reprocess IDoc and also created new IDoc but in both cases posting was not successful. IDoc failed with same error that results has already been recorded.

Thanks

Ravi Bhushan

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

What is the MIC type "Single Results" or "Summarized Results" ? What the present MIC system status means "2" , "3" or "5"? Have you tried creating a new IDOC by copying the existing one and reprocessing it, after resetting the MIC results form "5" to "2". If reprocessing is still not working, there may be chance that the FM linked to it is not able to handle this correction process.

In that case you can work with ABAP team, to write a code in the IDOC, to handle such situations, you are facing now.

Thanks,

Arijit

ravi_bhushan2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

MIC is of qualitative type with single result recording. Initialy MIC was in status 5 with values entered in MIC. I changed it to status 2 by "put in process" . I did retry  to reprocess after this but IDoc failed with same error that results has allready been recorded.

Thanks

Ravi Bhushan

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

In that case you have to enhance the Idoc processing FM to handle this exigency to re-update the existing results. I am not seeing any new possibilities here. May be other's can correct me.

Or, create a new custom program by uploading the inspection results to the existing inspection lots. Please remember that if you use result upload program, you need to try the below things -

a) For mitigating the issues this solution is going to be the backup. Need not deviated form your established business process because of compliance reasons.

b) Ask your Idoc sending partner to prepare inspection results in an excel and send it to you.

c) Prepare a custom program to upload this attached excel file and perform below activities -

- If MIC was already valuated or completed, then remove the valuation to set the status as "2".

- Overwrite the existing MIC result of the inspection lot as per MIC mapping.

- Re-valuate the result to system status "3" [in case the previous MIC system status was "3"] or "5" [in case the previous MIC system status was "5"] or even "2" [in case the previous MIC system status was "2" and not valuated].

Thanks,

Arijit