cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short cut Key assignments for Push Buttons in Dialog Programming ( ITS Service)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Created Screen with input fields, Push Buttons using module pool programming concepts and  enabled ITS service for the same. Short Cut keys are enabled and working fine in browser due to the addition of shortcut key functionality in ITS HTML.

Enabled Short Cut Key for the Combination of Ctrl + Function key. Since all function keys restricted standard browser and windows events.

But in the scanner device(MC5590- Motorola) no Ctrl, Alt key. So not able to find the specific key combination. Kindly help me on the same.

Refer the device image for more clarification.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The Motorola that you have mentioned is of MC55 series and is a mobile computer which is primarily not used for warehouse operations. Even so, you can use it with difficulty.

In this post, you can see: http://www.barcodedatalink.com/pages/keyboard-types.php#55

That this series offers 2 types of keyboards - numeric as well as qwerty. Yours is the numeric one.

If you zoom in on this picture, you will find the Function keys (F1, F2, F3..) in blue on every number key. That means, in order to press, say F1, you will have to press the blue button and then the button "1".

Since you say, you have combination such as Ctrl + function key, from the basic keypad structure for motorola devices, i have gathered that the orange button is for Cntrl. However, i cant be too sure until i have tested it. But you can surely test it : Orange button + blue button + '1'.

Even then, i would suggest to keep simpler key shortcuts such as F1 - Enter, F2 - Back, F3 - Reset and so on.. without the need to press contrl. This will be required to be done in the original module program itself.

Let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Utkarsha Khakde,

Thank you very much for your suggestion/response, I can not use the only function keys(F1,F2....F10) as short cut key for push buttons because all function keys are restricted for Browser /Windows events and also as suggested tried for key combination of  Orange+Blue+1  but not working.

So please let me know any alternate possibilities to proceed further  .

Thank You,

Vanvan A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Utkarsha Khakde,

Please let me know the possibility and procedure in order to remove the Standard browser events for functions Keys ( F1, F2.. F10).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I would like to know for what and how are you using the browser. Also let me know which one.

If you are using the Internet Service link for the ITS service created as a simulation to be tested in the IE, then the Function Keys F1, F2, etc usually get the preference from the module pool program. For this you have to make sure you have maintained the 'F Key consistency' in the program.

So, the standard functionalities of these button gets overwritten with the ones in the program.

When you use this on the motorola device too, you use any browser (usually, wavelink), the function of F1, F2 keys take their command from the pool program that is running.

Let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked in IE browser  and attaching screen for reference.

Also kindly let me know how to main the function key for push buttons in the screen in order to override the standard browser events in sap.

Push buttons are marked in yellow.

Regards,

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vanavan,

The following WIKI: How to obtain the function key values for ITSmobile applications might be useful here. (need to use in reverse)

See also the parameter ~ITSMOBILEDEVICEINCLUDE in the WIKI: Service Parameter and Settings

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you assigned the function keys to those push buttons?

Like Back =F1, Detail =F2, Add =F3 and so on. (If yes, you might need to include that on the button text for the end user to understand).

Please let me know if you have tested these function keys in SAP GUI when you execute this module pool program in SAP GUI, ie, if you press, say F1, the 'back' button command gets executed.

If this is accomplished, executing this in the IE browser should work.

Also, let me know the template generator that you have used for creating templates.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have checked after assigning the function keys (F1,F2...) to Push Buttons in module pool programming and its not working.

HTML Generating Style : MOBILE4 Mobile Devices(No HTML Tables),

Theme                         : 99

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin,

Thank you very much for your response.

As given link suggested, added the required code in HTML template and its working fine by overriding the standard browser events in Desktop browser. But the its not working in the HHT device browser.

Thanks,

Vanavan .

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vanavan,

do we understand correctly that if you follow Utkarsha's instructions i.e You have tested the function keys when using SAP GUI? And execute this module pool program in SAP GUI, if you press, say F1, the 'back' button the command does NOT get executed?

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. As per Oisin's comment, you will need to enable the function keys in the module pool program and completely test it there first.

In order to enable them, you can go into the 'GUI status' of each screen -> and then assign the appropriate user command.

You can find more information in this thread: Assign a function key to a push button in modul... | SCN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin,

As mentioned,  I have crated  PF-STATUS and assigned  recommonded function keys for each of the push button, It is working fine SAP module pool program, Desktop browser and HHT Browser... But freely available function keys among (F1,F2... F10) are very less in HHT device because most of the keys are used for Browser Standard Events.

Also am not able to feed the other key Combination along with function key like Ctrl+Function key,Shift+Function Key,Alt+Function Key in HHT device like desktop keyboard.

Thanks..

Vanavan .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As mentioned,  I have crated  PF-STATUS and assigned  recommonded function keys for each of the push button, It is working fine SAP module pool program, Desktop browser and HHT Browser... But freely available function keys among (F1,F2... F10) are very less in HHT device because most of the keys are used for Browser Standard Events.

Also am not able to feed the other key Combination along with function key like Ctrl+Function key,Shift+Function Key,Alt+Function Key in HHT device like desktop keyboard.

Thanks..

Vanavan .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As per my knowledge, the function keys take their command from the module pool program rather than the standard browser functions. So, the program functions are given preference over standard if both are present. Please make sure your module pool program function keys are working on Desktop IE browser. If yes, it should work on the device too.

Avoid using Cntrl + function keys as it is anyways a tedious task for the workers on the factory floor. Also, in order for them to just press the Function keys (F1, F2, etc), they will have to press the blue button and then the respective number button, as i told you previously for your device.

Answers (0)