cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping point

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a scenario where A sells goods to B services and B sells those goods to Customer.

A has sales area as ch21/ic/01

B has sales area as ch31/tr/01

Shipping point determination for A: delivering plant : Ch01 loading group: z003 shipping condition: z1

Shipping point determination for B: delivery plant: CH60 loading group:Z004 shipping condition:z1

loading group can be changed for 'A' no issue in that.

as seen above the shipping point for both ch21 and ch31 orders will be different.

Shipping point for A is correct i.e CH30(shipping point)

I have ask user to assign delivery plant ch01 to sales org and distribution channel to solve the issue.

But user doesn't want this thing to be done.

Material is already extended to both delivery plants.

I have maintain delivery plant(ch01) in CMIR for ch31 customer.

but still the shipping point is not same as ch21 order.

Request you to help me understand how the shipping point can be same in both orders.

Thank you,

Neelam.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should be knowing how a Shipping Point is determined in a sale order.  With the combination of shipping condition from customer, loading group from material master and plant, a default shipping point would be determined.  Of course, if you assign a different manual shipping point, user can change that in sale order manually.

Now you have to decide which master data user can change.  Nevertheless, frequent change in master data is not recommended. What is the problem in having a new shipping point ?

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

User has question that if these two orders are linked, why system is determining different shipping point for both.

I have maintain delivery plant in CMIR, still the sales order picks the delivery plant from Cust master or material master.

Material is present in both plant:

Sales org 1 tab: delivery plant= CH60

Sales: general/plant = CH01(this is the plant from which correct shipping point i.e CH30 is determined).

Thank you,

Neelam.

0 Kudos

Have you maintained the delivery plant for Ship To in CMIR?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Razvan,

Here Sold to and Ship to are same for which delivery plant have been maintained in CMIR.

Thanks.