cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete active Temporary license in SLICENSE

0 Kudos

Hello,

in our system, we have 2 NetWeaver_ORA license present with different hardware key. First is of type Permanent and another is of type Temporary.

in current scenario, Temporary license is Active and is going to expire in next week.

my concern is can we delete current active temporary license, and if we delete it , does all user will able to log in to the system?

If we can delete current temporary license, will it automatically activate another license, as both have different hardware key.

As we don't have OS level access in hand and also sap* is not enabled.

please suggest.

BR,

Chandresh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chandresh,

You don't need to delete temp license.

1-Go to slicense and note your active HW key.

2-Login to Keys | SAP Support Portal with customer's S-User and click "Request key from installation".

3-Select the system's installation number from the list and request a new license with active HW key.

License will come in 10 minutes to your email.

Regards,

Serhat

0 Kudos

Hello Sehrat,

Thank you for your inputs.

Now my doubt is we already have license key generated for hardware key in 2014.

I am not sure who installed temporary license for that hardware key...

so what i have done is i have downloaded that license key to my PC. it's valid till 31.12.9999

so when i install it in our system using SLICENSE , will it replace that temporary license key?

BR,

Chandresh.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Changresh,

so what i have done is i have downloaded that license key to my PC. it's valid till 31.12.9999

so when i install it in our system using SLICENSE , will it replace that temporary license key?

Yes, you have to do that....

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandresh,

No worries about replacing. It will put the new one you install as a new line in the list. Unless you delete a license from the tabs "Edit->delete license", nothing is deleted.

Regards,

Serhat

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandresh,

You no need to delete any licenses in the current system, with new hardware key register the same system in SAP Service Market Place and  apply the new license using the transaction code Slicense.

Refer the SAP KBA - 1615286 - Requesting a new license key for hardware key change

Regards

SS