cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill of Material Header Pricing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have doubt related to Bill of material-Header pricing.

I header pricing,i.e Header material with Item category ERLA.

The stock of header item will get reduced which 601 movement type assigned to schedule line category.

The sub item wont have price and stock reduction.

I which scenario it is used.

As per my understanding,the sub items in BOM are only for display purpose?

In what it will be useful for warehouse picker.If the item is in delivery or transfer order.

Please suggest me .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not in all business scenarios, it is being followed as you said.  Let us take one example of Computer.  Here you can either maintain pricing at header level (that is Computer) and display the components for the warehouse to assemble those components, or the price at component level like Mouse, Keyboard etc., depending upon the sellers' discretion.  Obviously, there will be impact in inventory at both levels.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Obviously, there will be impact in inventory at both levels.

Means for header pricing ,will it have impact in inventory for both Main Item and sub-item???

For main item only there is movement type attached (CN),sub-item there is no movement type attached (CT).So for sub-item inventoryu wont get reduced?

shyamsumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Thambi Durai,

If the material is being sold as a kit and sub-items are not sold separately, you need not maintain stock at sub-item level  and your configuration is correct.

But,

If sub-items can also be sold separately, then you should break the inventory updation and movement type will be attached with both items.

Pricing should not be mixed with inventory behavior and it can be header or item level irrespective of inventory type.

You have to decide what your business process is and configure accordingly.

The below document will be helpful resolving your queries:

Regards,

Shyam