cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Date Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am facing an issue for which i need your help.

In my sales order material availability date is 29 th Dec and Delivery date is 4th Jan.

Pick packing Time Required: 1 day

Loading time Required: 0 days

Transportation planning time: 0 days

Now kindly help to analyze how the delivery date is determined as 4th of jan.

I have checked the factory calendar as below.

Customer Calendar holiday : 25 th to 31st dec

Shipping point calendar holiday: 31st dec, 1st jan, 3rd jan

Route calendar holiday: 3rd jan

kindly help.

Thanks,

Sunita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It may be a stupid question, but in our company it is usually the customer who gives us the delivery date in his purchase order, and this date is entered when the sales order is created by our customer service. Is this not the case in your company?

Did you already check the change history of your documents? There might also be manual changes that can affect the determination of dates.

0 Kudos

Hello,

first idea: is the same sales order type used?

second idea: please check the following in customizing:

sales and distribution --> basic functions --> delivery scheduling and transportation scheduling --> Define scheduling by shipping point:

• In the details for your shipping point: how is the loading time determined? If the value of the field is "B" (route-independent) the loading time is also dependent on the loading group in the material master. The duration is then maintained in customizing under sales and distribution --> basic functions --> delivery scheduling and transportation scheduling --> maintain duration --> Loading time
  • In the details for your shipping point: how is the pick/pack time determined? If the value of the field is "B" (route-independent) the pick/pack-time is also dependent on the weight group. The duration is then maintained in customizing under sales and distribution --> basic functions --> delivery scheduling and transportation scheduling --> maintain duration --> Pick/pack time
Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunita,

I assume all of the dates you are discussing are for Dec 2015 and Dec 2016.

System can determine different dates, depending on whether the Delivery and transportation scheduling of the item is forward scheduled or backward scheduled.  I assume that your original dates were determined via backward scheduling.  Once the MAD lies in the past, all delivery/transportation scheduling is subsequently done via forward scheduling, so currently, the scheduling done is in the forward direction.

Variances in dates of events are common when your various calendars used by transportation scheduling have different holiday schedules.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Partha & Lakhmipati,

Thanks for the reply...

I have compared both the materials which are in same plant and storage location.

The only difference i found is

In-house production: 7 days , 9 days (maintained in both materials respectively)

Planned Deliv. Time: 7 days, 9 days (maintained in both materials respectively)

But in both the sales orders Material avail.date, Loading date is same only goods issue date is different.

I don't think in house production time effects it.

Please suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunita,

Kindly check the below parameter if you missed.

1. In VOV8 sales document type(Order Type) check the "Lead time in days & Propose the delivery date".

Regards

Shankar

shyamsumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sunita,

There is no role of MRP once Material availability date is determined.

Please check if Ship to parties are same and their respective holidays or different and also check the Transit time for the route.

Regards,

Shyam

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are correct - these do no affect it.

Are you using route schedules? If so, is the same route schedule determined for both orders?

Do you have a transit time assigned to the route? (Although, if it is the same route, this should not have a bearing 😞 )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, ship to party is same for both the sales orders. checked all holidays and calender's everything is same..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes we are using route schedule,In both sales orders same route determined, transit time: 2 days we have maintained.

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the same route schedule determined in both sales orders?

shyamsumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Please check Order creation date and TIME. Also check if any manual change is recorded in Environment - Changes in Sales Order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes same route determined in both the sales orders .

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Could you kindly check the material availability check in tab " MRP3" view.

Regards,

Pardhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found another case with two different sales orders with the same sold to party, same plant, same shipping point, same route, same requested delivery date only material is different.

It means all calender's are same in both the sales orders.

Material availability date in both sales orders:28th Dec

But Goods issue date in both is different : 29th dec and 2nd Jan

Due to which delivery date is different: 4th Jan and 5th Jan

Kindly tell me any other factor which depends on goods issue date.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apart from material master MRP view which has already been suggested, have a look at the following areas also:-

• Factory Calender assigned to that plant (OX10)
  • Factory Calender assigned Shipping Point (0VLZ) and
  • Factory Calender assigned to Route (0VTC)

G. Lakshmipathi

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Its only play with data in material master.Did you compare two materials data?

Kindly compare the MRP-2 view data for two materials.

Regards,

pardhu

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
In my sales order material availability date is 29 th Dec and Delivery date is 4th Jan.

Do you mean to say material availability date in sale order is nothing but confirmed date at schedule line level?  Please clarify

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Lakshmipathi it means the material availability date in schedule line...

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Kindly check your material master for scheduling data in MRP-2 view.

Reagrds,

Pardhu