cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes in Key figures aggregation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We are using SCM 7.0. We have a planning area which is already active (initialized) and time series have been generated. Important planning books are based on the said planning area which contains humungous data. Now, we have to change the Key figures disaggregation settings. There are some Key figures which are based on some other key figures and now we want to change it to APODPDANT. I have the below questions:

1. Can I use 'Change Key figure Settings' which is available in SCM 7.0 upgraded version?

2. Is there any chance of any inconsistencies if I go for the above option?

3. Do I have to do the changes in the target system only?

4. If I do not go through the above option, do I have to deinitialize PA, make the changes (by conventional way) and again initialize the PA and  transport the request from DEV ==> Quality ==> Prod

I know these methods theoretically, but have never tried it before in the production system. Since this is a critical action, I wanted your views who have tried and tested the action successfully.

Thanks & Regards,

Sagar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member225716
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sagar,

1.Yes, you can change the settings by using Change Key figure Setting Option.

2. As suggested by Abhishek, better to perform activities separately without moving transport.

3. Make sure that, Users are locked before perfoming this actvity and no any jobs related to this Planning area is scheduled.

In case if you need any further details, please let me know.

Regards,

Sachin

ruchi_das2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

You can definitely use the 'Change Key Figure Settings' option in SCM 7.0. I have used it to make a KF fixable and zero allowed. Even with this process, the best direction would be to perform it in Dev and Quality environments to see if you have any issues that show up. As a contingency plan, I would recommend taking a backup of all transaction data for that planning area just before performing such actions.

Regards

AK