SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create material (retail) in MM41 with EA-RET?

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_me61/helpdata/en/1a/38c353b677b44ce10000000a174cb4/frameset.htmHey Gurus,

I'd like to know, if I can create Material in MM41 if I have just activated the business function "Enterprise Extension Retail" (°EA-RET). I don't want to activate SAP Retail as an industry solution (IS-Retail) -> I just want to use EA-RET as an add-on on my SAP ERP.

Important: The material I want to create is supposed to be material for retail, I don't want to create material for a normal manufacturing System.

Is that possible?

Kind Regards

Jenny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jenny,

technically, it is possible to activate EA-RET without activating EA-RETAIL.

I am not 100% sure, but I guess, that arcticle master maintenance belongs to EA-RETAIL, so I doubt that you could use MM41 with only activation EA-RET.

Btw: you will never be able to create a material with MM41 as MM41 uses a separate field for identifying the articles which are created with it. If you use MM01, this field is empty (=material), if you use MM41 the field is filled (= article).

Regards

Tobias

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jenny,

technically, it is possible to activate EA-RET without activating EA-RETAIL.

I am not 100% sure, but I guess, that arcticle master maintenance belongs to EA-RETAIL, so I doubt that you could use MM41 with only activation EA-RET.

Btw: you will never be able to create a material with MM41 as MM41 uses a separate field for identifying the articles which are created with it. If you use MM01, this field is empty (=material), if you use MM41 the field is filled (= article).

Regards

Tobias